Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 4 (200 Views)

Lenovo ideapad touchscreen can't get it to work anymore

I've had my ideapad (flex 15 20309) for about 2 years and was working fine. Around 5 months ago I noticed my touchscreen wouldn't work any more. Sometimes after a reboot it would seem to come back to life but now I can't figure out what is going on. I seem to have Microsoft Windows 10 home as the operating system.

I can't find any setting or keystroke or anything that can get my touchscreen back to life.

Help!

My touchpad (mousepad) works fine and I'm using a USB mouse as well because I don't like using the mousepad. The only thing I think has changed in the last 5 or 6 months was probably windows 10 and the regular updates that are done via windows 10.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Message 2 of 4 (143 Views)

Re: Lenovo ideapad touchscreen can't get it to work anymore

Hi biancayoga, 

Can you check if the touch screen is still being detected by device manager. You can do this by going to device manager and looking for HID compliant touchscreen under Human Interface Device.

If the touchscreen is still detected, right click on it then uninstall, then restart the laptop. 

If the touchscreen is not detected can you try and check if there are any USB device that has a error/bang and uninstall that device, then restart the system. 

I would also recommend re-installing the chipset drivers of the laptop. 

Send me a ping if you need help,

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4 (124 Views)

Thanks for quick reply! I appreciate it.

I first went to device manager, found the HID compliant touchscreen, disabled it and restarted the computer as you said.

Made no difference... went back into device manager, looked again at the HID compliant touchscreen and it says "This device is working properly."

I don't know what you mean by reinstalling the chipset drivers... could you provide a more step by step explanation or other things to try? I'm stumped Smiley Sad

I love my laptop just frustrating I don't know how or why the screen isn't working again.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)

Hi, 

For re-installing the chipset drivers you could go to support.lenovo.com and download the chipset driver for your computer.

I don't recommend just disableing the HID compliant touchscreen since we want the latop to re-install the driver, so uninstalling would be the best way. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Top kudoed Authors