Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 11 (2,724 Views)

Looking for a Ideapad 100-15IBD DC Jack

The pin of my DC Jack broke off in my adapter.  The mother board # is CG410/CG510.  I've scoured eBay, Digikey and Google and came up empty.  I've chatted with Lenovo Encompass and they're looking futher into finding one. The jack is 1.7mmiD and 4.0mmOD.WP_20170622_11_29_34_Pro.jpgWP_20170622_11_30_27_Pro.jpgWP_20170622_11_29_53_Pro.jpg

Guru
Message 2 of 11 (2,594 Views)

Re: Looking for a Ideapad 100-15IBD DC Jack

Hi beckent. Welcome to the forums.

In my experience I found it very hard to find just that "DC Jack" replacement from Lenovo. Lenovo usually change the complete parts, and on the this case will be the whole mainboard.

Lenovo has available the parts list of the computer to the public (page 60), but not at a that low level. If the machine is under warranty or if you are going to take it to a Lenovo shop, they will replace the complete part. 

If you only want to fix the component the only chance you have is trying to find who sells the same or similar electronic parts on the market.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Community Moderator
Message 3 of 11 (2,569 Views)

beckent, since you haven't had any luck finding the power jack on eBay, have you considered buying a non-working motherboard on eBay?  You could then desolder the needed part and solder it to your motherboard.  Here is one such example on Ebay (typos in the model name I'm quessing).....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-100-15LBD-i3-Moterboard-/142427509094?hash=item212957...Smiley Tongue   

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue,      posting in the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 11 (2,559 Views)

I think that's the same board I found. The description lists the jacks middle pin came out. Just like mine. I did looks a functional boards, but they seemed on the pricey side. Thanks though!
Community Moderator
Message 5 of 11 (2,546 Views)

[ Edited ]

It is probably the same board you looked at.  My Bad.  I should have scrolled farther down the page to see the full description.  Sorry about that.  Smiley Embarassed

Have you tried contacting any sellers that offer  DC power jacks?   I have posted one such website below.  If you contact their support and include a couple of close up pictures of the needed jack maybe they can cross reference a compatible one for you.

http://www.laptopjacks.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lenovo

And another I found......

http://www.dcpowerjacks.net/catalog/index.php

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue,      posting in the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 11 (2,530 Views)

No problem. Easy to miss. I think I checked both sites out, but I'll double check. Thanks for the tips.
Paper Tape
Message 7 of 11 (2,443 Views)

Did you ever have any luck finding this dc jack? I have a 100-15IBD in my shop for repairs.....been replacing dc jacks for 15 years and have never had such a hard time tracking one down. Thank you. 

Paper Tape
Message 8 of 11 (2,421 Views)

Never found one. Me either.
Paper Tape
Message 9 of 11 (2,418 Views)

bummer, thanks for the response though.
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 11 (2,126 Views)

[ Edited ]

All you have to do, is go on eBay and order the jack for a Lenovo Ideapad 100S-14IBY. When you get it, you want to take a small pair of side cutters/dikes/snips/ whatever you want to call them, and snip off the two gold colored legs, but DO NOT snip the one at the very rear center. If you look at the very top picture above, you want to leave the upper-right (or if looking at it straight-on like you are plugging the adapter in it, it is the one to the right closest to the front) leg alone, but take the other 3 ground legs and bend them straight. After that, the jack will fit into the motherboard. You have to give the positve leg (the round peg at the back-center of the jack) a little extra push, or take a pair of pliers and try to flatten it some. Just be careful and not damage the solder trace on the mainboard. Now, if done correctly, the one leg you did not bend ill sit flush in the board like it is supposed to, and so will the positive peg. The other 3 ground legs will be flat on top the board. 2 of them will line up real close to the original ground holes. The last one (back-left) will be off a bit. Now, solder from under the board the positive peg and the one ground leg. Fill in the other 3 original ground holes with solder. After that, flip the board back over and apply a little extra solder to the positive peg, but don't add too much to where it connects where the gold legs where. Next, add some extra solder to the one ground leg that went through the board. The other 2 legs are real close to the original ground hole, so you can just add solder and have it make the connection. The last ground leg that is a bit off and is tricky. If you are good enough you can create a solder "bridge" with a few extra globs to get it to flow from the leg to the hole. You could also use a leg off an old resistor, or a jim clip, etc. and make a bridge that way. ** It is not really necessary because the one leg is grounded. Connecting the other 3 legs gives the jack stability to not have it snap off easily.**

Now, the next minor tricky part is you have to modify the bottom cover where the adapter plugs in the side. You will notice that the lower part underneath the jack needs to be trimmed. Trim out the inside of the bottom case where there is a factory "frame" where the original jack fit. Now, looking from the outside side of the case as if you were going to plug it in, use your side cutters, razor blade, exacto, Dremel, etc. and cut away the lower 1/2 of the plastic, and the adapter will fit perfectly. There already is a natural molded "C" there, so if you trim nicely, you would not ever know you trimmed it. It is not a very ugly mod., and the customer will barely notice unless they really get to inspecting. If soldered properly, it will have a good solid feel. It is still possible for it to snap again, but so do all DC jacks that are not the magnetic Apple ones (and I have seen people screw these up as well!!).

Hopefully others can use this as a guide, and I have described things well enough. Since we can't find the exact replacement, this at least gets you back up and goign without it looking like it was Hillybilly Engineered.

Good Luck!!

Top kudoed Authors