Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

08-18-2017

Canada

11 Signins

142 Page Views

• Views: 142
  • Message 1 of 6

Multiple characters

2017-08-18, 6:07 AM

This laptop is only a few months old and I've noticed lately I'm getting the oodd multiple letter whenn I type, as you can see iin this post.
Anyone else having this issue and/or know a cure?  
I've tried what is mentioned in this link but it hasn't helped.
thanks

my keyboard typing extra letters on most keys on laptop .how can i fix it

Options

12686 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7321 Signins

751005 Page Views

• Views: 751005
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Multiple characters

2017-08-18, 19:09 PM

Hi Fisherguy1,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can test typing using the on-screen keyboard and external keyboard to isolate if the sensitivity of keys especially if you would have the same issue from the day you got the machine or with filter keys turned off.

Some would also try booting in a live media rescue disc (example here) to check if the issue stays outside windows. Testing how the keys behave in the BIOS can also verify if the issue is more of the hardware so that you can call in technical support for needed repair.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

6 Posts

08-18-2017

Canada

11 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2017-08-18, 20:28 PM

The filter keys settings didn't help and having to hit the backspace key each time to delete 1 letter was too frustrating.

The other link takes me to 5 options, which do I try and how do I check the keyboard?

We just got my wife a Lenovo 320, I hope she doesn't have this problem and if I have to get a replacement laptop it'd be a major PITA to transfer everything and set it all up again. Kinda disappoinnted with Lenovo. (there it goes again)

The UP arrow between the shift and ? key is frustrating.

Options

12686 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7321 Signins

751005 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2017-08-18, 20:44 PM

Hi Fisherguy1,

Best to try it first with an external USB keyboard and onscreen keyboard.

Test it again with this online keyboard test here.

You don't have to test it in BIOS or live image as yet but instead, give technical support a call.

They would be able to create a repair ticket for the keyboard without you doing a redo on the files.

Doing a backup may still be necessary just in case you need to send it to the repair facility.

Canada tech support: 877-453-6686 24 hours/day 7 days/week

Update how it goes.

Regards

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

08-18-2017

Canada

11 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2017-10-31, 5:37 AM

Just an update for anyone who stumbles across this thread.
I called Lenovo, I need to ship my laptop to them  in Ontario (at my cost) to be repaired, I'll be without it 3-4 weeks.  We're currently in the middle oof moving to the interior of BC and don't want to deal with this now, will take care of it when we're settled in at the new house.

I AM dissapoiinted with their response though, I woulda thought there would be a "Lenovo authorized repaair facility"  in the Vancouver area that could do the repair, sending it across the country to be worked on seems like BS to me!

Not long ago we got another Lenvo laptop for my wife, if the only place for repairs in all of Canada is in Ontario I doubt we'll even buy another Lenovo productt.  Toronto IS NOT the center of the universe!   

Options

12686 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7321 Signins

751005 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2017-10-31, 13:27 PM

Hi Fisherguy1,

Greetings.

Seems the main service center would be far from your location.

You can call them back and inform them your situation once you have settled in your new address as I am sure with open communication, both parties can come up with a favorable option.

Regards

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms