English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-15-2016

US

1 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 2

New Lenovo Edge 2-1580 Freezes on Desktop

2016-04-15, 2:22 AM

I've used this laptop for about two weeks worth of gentle use and now, after booting up, trying to do almost ANYTHING freezes the laptop, the things that don't cause it to freeze do nothing. I can't even open the START menu, just right clicking ont he desktop causes it to give me the 'processing' circle and doesn't stop, meaning I can't click on anything anymore. Even just trying to bring up the touch keyboard freezes the laptop, (the keabord also stops working once I reach the desktop). Again, this is only after about two weeks of use compared to my old laptop, (the one I'm using now), which I have admittantly abused for five-ish years and it still works fine, not perfectly but it works.

EDIT: So I managed to get lucky and it didn't freeze long enough for me to get into the settings and start a reset, the screen says, "This won't take long", but I suspsect it may take a while.

Options

3815 Posts

12-24-2015

IN

2177 Signins

71411 Page Views

• Views: 71411
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: New Lenovo Edge 2-1580 Freezes on Desktop

2016-04-21, 10:57 AM

Hi Xros,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Try the BIOS update.

When in Safe mode, remove your current video driver. Boot up to your regular desktop, which should now be in VGA mode (all video cards have a default VGA mode, when you don't have a driver installed).
If the desktop is now not frozen then that helps prove it was your video driver being the problem. See if that fixes the problem.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Shashi

Tap that kudos button if I helped 
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete