Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

10-18-2016

Singapore

8 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 3

RECOVERY PARTITION DELETED

2016-10-18, 1:16 AM

Hello

My recovery partition was destroyed when I did a full system backup using Acronis backup software.  When I try to do a restore job using the same software, there is no recovery partition and also some of the pre-installed softwares are missing.

Where can I buy a recovery media or what is my next step to have my laptop back to the original state?

Regards.

Options

1 Posts

05-15-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:RECOVERY PARTITION DELETED

2020-05-15, 18:48 PM

Did you ever get an answer?

Options

976 Posts

05-14-2020

United States of America

394 Signins

4865 Page Views

• Views: 4865
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:RECOVERY PARTITION DELETED

2020-05-17, 22:57 PM

Hello, Lenovo Windows systems for many years have shipped with recovery partition on the hard drive, often identified as "D" drive.  

If this is missing by deletion or repartitioning, or downloading onto a non-bootable media,  there are two places I know of to obtain another Windows install image.  Neither should require paying an activation fee.

A) Lenovo Support.  They allow one and only one down load of system install image.  This can be placed upon a bootable USB thumbdrive.  Label it properly and don't loose it!   You need your system serial number, it is most convenient to use Lenovo Support "autodetect" software from that webpage  for system identification, Otherwise type it in accurately.  You probably need to associate your Lenovo.com account with your Laptop system serial number first.

B) FIRST, register your working Windows 10 device to an active Microsoft user account at Microsoft.com.  

Then you can download Windows 10 system install image from microsoft.  I have only used thumbdrives for installation.  within a few days of this installation, Windows will associate the new windows activation key with your computer processor/motherboard id numbers, automatically as you use the web.  You won't be charged a second Windows activation fee.

Sincerely

Usetoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms