Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 1 (347 Views)

UBUNTU Mate breaks Bios UEFI in lenovo ideapad 100 14 IBY with insyde H20 (BIOS 2.7) REV. 5

Hello my friends !

A time ago i bouhgt two Lenovo ideapad 100 14 IBY (FreeDos Version) and install Windows 10 on it with UEFI and GPT Partition Table. All works fine until i want to play around with Linux and install UBUNTU Mate in UEFI on one of them. The install was easy but the Performance on Ubuntu with Bay Trail and the don't working Bluetooth was a reason to switch back to Windows 10. After that the Problem beginns. The Bios don't let me save changes anymore (only time and date !). There was no UEFI ESP and GPT Support since i install UBUNTU and the Bios Menu looks like that:Bios Entries on a blank DiskBios Entries on a blank Disk

BootingBooting

The Disk is Blank there is no ubuntu on there (Don't know waht the EFI Entries are no Hardware is connected). And when I boot also go to Network Boot there.(No Matter a USB Stick is connected).

So what i did:

# I Dismantle it and disconnect Battery and Cell and wait half an hour. # Nothing changes !

# I change the HDD. # Nothing changes !

# Reflash the BIOS by edit the plattform.ini - CheckByBios=1 - Error Cannot mount EFI Partition. # Nothing changes !

# Install Windows 10 - Make mbr2gpt.exe and bcdedit and bootrec. # Nothing changes !

I can install and run Windows 10 in MBR and BIOS Mode on it. But no USB Stick was displayed in Boot Menu.

So now Iam on my Limit and the Question is there a way to put UEFI and GPT back on it or does the BIOS locked in this State.

For me UEFI is MALEWARE so why can a simple UBUNTU damaged my BIOS and what can other do with this.... !?

Please help me

Top kudoed Authors