Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-22-2016

Lithuania

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 1

Unstability on a program with Direct3D renderer (Ideapad 300)

2016-08-22, 11:00 AM

Hello.

I ran into some difficulties after I've switched from Asus laptop to Lenovo ideapad 300. One of them is related to video game software Unreal Editor (it was released in 2002). Basically, it allows to create maps for video games.

Editor has several views to edit a map, one of them is perspective (3D). The problem is when I try to select something in that view, editor becomes unresponsive for some time (Time period depends on how complex the map is). Also, CPU usage jumps to 30 % during unstability. The graphics API used to render the scene was Direct3D (the only renderer which I was able to use in the editor). I tried running a test on another version of Unreal Editor (2.1) with the same renderer and got the same result. UE 2.1 allows to switch to a few different renderers, so I tried OpenGL, Direct3D9, Direct3D8 and they worked perfectly except Direct3D8 (another issue, not related to this one).

First time I thought that editor used the wrong GPU. As my computer has switchable graphics, I tried launching the program on both High Perfomance and Power Saving graphics units but it didn't work. One thing which did work was when I tried to disable one of the GPUs (it was Intel GPU). But then CPU usage went up from 70 % to 90 % when I was using the editor what I think wasn't normal as the program shouldn't use that much of system resources.

The 2002 year version of UE is adapted for one game only and I can't use any other program to make maps for that video game. Is there a way to fix the issue of unstability in the program?

PC:

Intel Core i3-6100U

Intel HD Graphics 520 (driver updated)

AMD Radeon R5 M330 (driver updated)

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms