Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnys12
Paper Tape
Views: 239
Message 1 of 4

Upgrading My Laptop

Hello Everyone,

I am an owner of Lenovo ideadpad 100-15IBD and I want to upgrade it. I am going to upgrade my ram (which is only 4gb) and I want to know if my processor is upgradeable. I need your help please.

My laptop specs:

Intel core i3-5005u 2.0Gh

Nvidia Geforce 920m

Ram 4Gb

SSD or HDD not sure 500Gb

I also want to know if my laptop can take 2 sticks of ram

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 148
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrading My Laptop

Hi johnys12,

The system has only 1 sodimm slot, so to upgrade the ram you need to replace the 2GB stick with a 6GB stick. There is a 2GB mem soldered to the motherboard. The processor is soldered to the motherboard also. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
johnys12
Paper Tape
Views: 133
Message 3 of 4

Ummm In task Manager when i go to Perfomance and then to memory it says that 1 of 2 slots are used

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 131
Message 4 of 4

Hi, 

In this case you may need to check the board on how many slots you have. I checked the picture of some of the motherboard's for this unit and all of them only have 1 slot. Your laptop may have a 4 GB soldered to the motherboard though. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Top Kudoed Authors