Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 24 (101,501 Views)

flex 15 keyboard and touchpad suddenly not working!?

hi everyone. please forgive if this is an ignorant question...

seemingly out of nowhere my keyboard and mouse/touchpad stopped working. seems a couple keys work..like airplane key for example. i saw another person post about this but saw no response. anynhelp greatly appreciated. this touchscreen is killing me!

thanks!

Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 24 (101,004 Views)

Re: flex 15 keyboard and touchpad suddenly not working!?

Are you in Kiosk/Flex mode?

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 24 (100,976 Views)

I also have this issue although my product is a Lenovo Flex 14 and it is Manufactuerer Refurbished I Had this issue and was able to re create it by putting it into flex mode or Kiosk mode and typing on the keyboard. Although the build in keyboard is supposed to be disabled when in flex, kiosk mode mine does not fully disable and it then causes the issue like you have described of keys and touchpad not working ans only random buttons like airplane mode will be able to work. To solve this just touch screen and navigate to RESTART. Restarting the comuter is the only way that this problem is fixed that I know of. I will continue to test and see if there isn't a fix for this because it is VERY ANNOYING. This issue basically makes it so kiosk mode is useless unless you are insanely careful and the entire point of having a Flex is for that exact purpose. Hope Lenovo comes out with some kind of optional hotfix we can download,until then hope this helps.

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 24 (100,454 Views)

Hi Lenovo,

I have the exact same problem as the person above. The Flex 2 14" would not activate the keyboard and mouse when in flex mode. I have to restart in order to use the built in keyboard and mouse.

Please update with a solution ASAP

Thanks,
Grey

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 24 (99,900 Views)

I got a Lenovo  Flex 2 - 15 and outt he box thekeyboard and mouse do not work. The do not work in laptop mode. I found this thread through google and conclude one thing: no one from Lenovo is monitoring these forums and you are SOL to get simple help.

My conclusion is to put the computer back in the box, and return it. I will probably not replace it, as if I encounter issues in the future, I will run into the same service issues.

Nice product, but t doesn't work. Better I apy a little more and get an HP.

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 24 (99,858 Views)

I found a toll free phone number for Lenovo with the new product packaging. I was surprised to find that in teh US it was 24/7. I called and got a tech. They advised me to reset the computer to defaults using the "Novo Switch". It took 15 minutes, but it worked. Lenovo called me back after 1 hour to make sure the issue was resolved.

All in all it was a software issue.

The good: Call an 800# that is 24/7, and quick resolution, + a follow up call. I commend Lenovo for this and feel it is impressive.

The bad: If this was not a new computer and I had data nad apps installed, a reset would be painful. I can only hope the issue does not happen again.

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 24 (99,128 Views)

Hit f6 to lock keybord push it again to unlock it. 

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 24 (98,223 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'v got exactly the same issue as your's. It's probably just the driver issue. They will fix it in time. But this gave me a bad impression of lenovo. I just returned back my laptop yesterday after owning it for two hours. The touchscreen also not as responsive as the display at the mall.

I advised them to do the recovery (reset factory) an Pam! keyboard and Touchpad back to normal. This time it goes fine after several startup test. But the touchscreen stay unresponsive. Told them I am not accepting that stock.

Considering to stick with replacement or change back to ASUS. But I'v fallen into lenovo flex 2 design. The red one. hurmmm.... This is hard. Asus is such a bad manufacturer at design.

(Remind back when I collected mine, noticed some sign of heavy impact on the box at the corner. Might affect the physical part of surcface of the disc.)

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 24 (98,221 Views)

I just return back mine yesterday after owning it around 2hours.

And considering either to stick with replacement or change into ASUS.

Does your issue get back to it after 1st experience? (When was it? Mine just after start it back in 2nd boot out of the box).

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 24 (97,586 Views)

Lenovo staff are not saying anything here. I'm not impressed. 

So let's see if my solution lasts. Do this:

Go to Device manager and open the "Keyboards" part and right click on "HID Keyboard Device" and select "Uninstall" from the drop-down menu. Do the same with "Standard PS/2 Keyboard". Reboot and it's working again - Dont know for how long - lets see. If you dont see me posting again, it's still working...

I think the problem got invoked after switching to Theater mode...

Regards

Top kudoed Authors