Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afaquekhaja
Paper Tape
Views: 1,073
Message 1 of 6

ideapad 710s hinge has a crack.

Got my laptop after almost 2 weeks of placing the order. Although the wait was worth it, just after third day I found a crack on the hinge. I was extremely cautious in handling the laptop, mind you, and i believe this weather was present since day 1.

I know the crack is really small, but i'm afraid of the integrity of the hinge itself. Not sure if I could claim a return or exchange.

http://goo.gl/6dsidu

fish2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,003
Message 2 of 6

Re: ideapad 710s hinge has a crack.

I have the crack at that similar spot.

afaquekhaja
Paper Tape
Views: 967
Message 3 of 6

OMG!!! It is the exact same crack at the exact same spot! What do you plan to do about it? Return?

Ausar-1
Paper Tape
Views: 926
Message 4 of 6

I'm not sure how useful Lenovo will be on helping us with this issue, I have the exact same crack. The only difference is that mine is almost microsopic. Any ideas ? What do you want to do ? I trust the damage is superficial only.

Ausar-1
Paper Tape
Views: 925
Message 5 of 6

Hey there Fish2. I have the same problem, meaning exact same. Judging by other forums it seems Lenovo might simply write us off even though we both have new ultra-books. All my other computer functions seem to be working at 110% efficiency. I plan to use the 710s as I normally do, the damage seems isolated at the surface at the moment. It seems less hassle to just take the computer to a local computer repair shop , at least then you have a face to face guarantee. Please let me know if your Crack spreads.

Sincerely,

A
maineroad
What's DOS?
Views: 712
Message 6 of 6

Exactly the same crack here too!

Has to be a design fault, May give Lenovo a call and direct them to this page.

Are we covered under warrenty?

Top Kudoed Authors