English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-27-2017

IL

1 Signins

104 Page Views

• Views: 104
  • Message 1 of 2

ideapad 720 15IKB fan noise when idle

2017-10-27, 16:13 PM

Hello,

i just bought a new ideapad 720 today with no operating system. Theres a really loud fan noise when i'm entering the BIOS

or when the laptop is just idle. I mean VERY loud, it's like the CPU is at 100%, and the laptop isn't doing anything.

I can't upgrade the BIOS.. what do you guys suggest i do? I'm thinking about returning this laptop.. this is not the first time i'm having issues with Lenovo.. with a yoga device that went brick a few months ago, to a thinkpad with battery issues. I am very disappointed and i'm not going to purchase any Lenovo products again if i find this to be a hardware issue.. and please don't direct me to other posts. I literally browsed every possible post on this issue, and there are many.. whats going on Lenovo? 

Options

4 Posts

02-02-2019

DE

1 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: ideapad 720 15IKB fan noise when idle

2019-02-02, 11:38 AM

I currently have the following notebook: Lenovo Ideapad 720S-15IKB.

I don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but the fans can be controlled with the program NoteBook FanControl and the "Lenovo Ideapad 710S" profile. I only run one fan at 3.3% (Real 8-10%). The device always stays cool and very quiet. The fans can also be turned off completely.

I also set the core, GPU and cache voltages to -0.150,4 V with ThrottleStop and made other smaller settings. Thus it runs even cooler and more economically.

After a long search finally a device with enough power for me and fan control.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save