Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 22 (19,631 Views)

touchscreen Lenovo ideapad flex 14

Recently my touchscreen of my laptop stoped working. I reset the laptop and everything, looked for solutions online, but I cant find any solution. Sometimes it worked again out of nowhere. But i prefer that it works all the time. So if anybody has a solution? Thank you in advance!

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 22 (19,215 Views)

Re: touchscreen Lenovo ideapad flex 14

Same problem here. The touch screen suddenly stopped working this evening. Reinstalled chipset but to no avail.

Punch Card
Message 3 of 22 (19,177 Views)

[ Edited ]

3 days ago the charms swiping function didn't work then the 26th of June evening my touchscreen function has stopped, I am trying to install some drivers now.

Pls reply if you have discovered the culprit of this issue.

I received an update from windows defender before it stopped. I seldom use the kiosk mode I am worried whether this is a hardware or software issue.

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 22 (19,145 Views)

[ Edited ]

Iv have my lenovo flex 14 with me for gaming and reviews and i found some of your issues on the touch screen to check

1.go to start plus x and go to device manager, then go to the category Human interface devices

2.check if there is HID- compliant touchscreen present (if yes go to step 3 if not go to step 5)

3. Right click on  hid compliant touchscreen and uninstall the click yes 

4. scan for new hardware which is the magnifying icon with the pc on the bg  when it is done checking Restart

5. if problem persist or you don't have the drivers go to the charms bar- settings - change pc settings- update and recovery then there will be refresh your pc (win 8) update and settings- recovery (win 8.1)

6. use the first option refresh your pc w/o affecting your files then wait for it to finish

7. if it works normaly then its good if not Contact your LENOVO service or tech support for help 

Punch Card
Message 5 of 22 (19,098 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have tried the steps you suggested excluding step 7.

Im in windows 8 right now after a clean reset, downloaded windows updates and drivers but it has not solved the non-working touchscreen.

I found out the device manager HID section after a clean update that the HID-compliant touch screen is missing and I can't download it anywhere the web especially from lenovo site. I found from someone over the net that after reset the manufactures license activitaion for touch screen driver did expire or unable to locate itslelf.

Punch Card
Message 6 of 22 (19,062 Views)

My touchscreen worked after reset to win8, Windows update, installed drivers from lenovo and set the power plan settings to never sleep. But the edges of my touchscreen laptop have stopped working about half an inch of the upper, left and right side of screen don't work anymore, I tried calibration and all known fixes I found on net but all were useless. I tried to update to win 8.1 it still has the issue I don't know if it's really hardware issue. Today my touch screen stopped working again. I am very frustrated and disappointed, I cannot give it up yet to service center since I need it with my work. I really thought this was a good buy but all I had were nightmares nd sleepless nights fixing it.
Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 22 (19,035 Views)

I reset my flex 14 too, but it's still failing Smiley Frustrated, I don't know what to do, I installed all the drivers and update the O.S to 8.1 with no results.

Fanfold Paper
Message 8 of 22 (19,020 Views)

I'm really dissapointed with Lenevo, I bought the Flex 14 because I needed a touchscreen laptop, and now I only have a non-touch laptop Smiley Frustrated.

Paper Tape
Message 9 of 22 (18,970 Views)

im using oem as well on 8.1 and still my touchscreen work is you have a recovery for your system its better
Punch Card
Message 10 of 22 (18,962 Views)

3 weeks and counting I tried everything and calling Lenovo but no solution.

Top kudoed Authors