06-25-2014 11:38 AM
Recently my touchscreen of my laptop stoped working. I reset the laptop and everything, looked for solutions online, but I cant find any solution. Sometimes it worked again out of nowhere. But i prefer that it works all the time. So if anybody has a solution? Thank you in advance!
06-27-2014 09:33 AM - edited 06-27-2014 09:33 AM
3 days ago the charms swiping function didn't work then the 26th of June evening my touchscreen function has stopped, I am trying to install some drivers now.
Pls reply if you have discovered the culprit of this issue.
I received an update from windows defender before it stopped. I seldom use the kiosk mode I am worried whether this is a hardware or software issue.
06-29-2014 01:48 AM - edited 06-29-2014 01:50 AM
Iv have my lenovo flex 14 with me for gaming and reviews and i found some of your issues on the touch screen to check
1.go to start plus x and go to device manager, then go to the category Human interface devices
2.check if there is HID- compliant touchscreen present (if yes go to step 3 if not go to step 5)
3. Right click on hid compliant touchscreen and uninstall the click yes
4. scan for new hardware which is the magnifying icon with the pc on the bg when it is done checking Restart
5. if problem persist or you don't have the drivers go to the charms bar- settings - change pc settings- update and recovery then there will be refresh your pc (win 8) update and settings- recovery (win 8.1)
6. use the first option refresh your pc w/o affecting your files then wait for it to finish
7. if it works normaly then its good if not Contact your LENOVO service or tech support for help
06-30-2014 03:11 AM - edited 06-30-2014 03:13 AM
I have tried the steps you suggested excluding step 7.
Im in windows 8 right now after a clean reset, downloaded windows updates and drivers but it has not solved the non-working touchscreen.
I found out the device manager HID section after a clean update that the HID-compliant touch screen is missing and I can't download it anywhere the web especially from lenovo site. I found from someone over the net that after reset the manufactures license activitaion for touch screen driver did expire or unable to locate itslelf.
07-04-2014 10:08 AM