English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-12-2017

US

6 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 2

Flex 2 15 - windows update keeps offering me ethernet driver update even with current driver

2017-04-12, 23:48 PM

I have a FLEX 215 running the new Creators Update.  After I installed this update, Windows update  keeps offering me the ethernet driver even though I already have this latest ethernet driver already installed.   I tried downloading the latest ethernet driver from Lenovo website and went through setup steps and repair option.  When I checked again it did not says "Windows is up to date and the time".  It kept trying to install the ethernet driver.

Is this happening to anybody else?  Please help  

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Options

2953 Posts

02-22-2017

GB

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: windows update keeps offering me ethernet driver update even with current driver

2017-04-13, 10:20 AM

Hello Caryguy

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Try to uninstall the driver, and the let the computer try to find it.

1. Click Start, type Device Manager, and press Enter.
  2. Find and double-click the category of driver you want to uninstall
  3. Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
  4. Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
  5. After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

See if this can help.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save