Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks Knowledge Base

Unable to update BIOS (critical update) for Ideapad 720S-13ARR

Question

I received a prompt from Lenovo Vantage to install a critical update for BIOS (update 6KCN43WW). However, I was unable to update the BIOS. The error message said that my OS is version 15603 and cannot be updated. I have tried updating my Windows 10 (64 bit) and restarted the laptop and repeated trying to install the update a few times. Can someone help?

Answer

There was a change in the mainboard specifications at the same time the preloaded OS on the system changed from RS2 to RS3. In short there are two different mainboards, two different BIOSes and two different graphic drivers which are dependent on which OS version the system was released with.

If your system has an installed BIOS version beginning with "2" or "3" the latest BIOS version, at the time of writing, is 6KCN30WW, the AMD VGA driver is 22.19.655.5120 which is linked to from this (out of date) document - it's listed under Important Notice.

If your system has an installed BIOS version commencing with a "4" the latest BIOS version, at the time of writing, is 6KCN43WW, the AMD VGA driver is 23.20.826.1792.A.

To easily discover which BIOS is installed on your system press the Windows button + R, enter  msinfo32  into the text field and click on OK. In the System Information document the BIOS Version/Date should be on row 11.

Was this information helpful?

Yes No

Comments

WildervsOrtiz On 2019-11-18, 5:25 AM

Watch Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz PPV Boxing Live Streaming free online at MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, USA. Saturday 23 November 2019,Time 9 PM ET. Welcome to watch Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz Live Stream free online on your pc/laptop, mac, ipad. Do not wait to access this HD link when Wilder vs Ortiz Fight is mostly over and you will get live stream, scores, results and highlights.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WATCH LIVE https://wildervsortiz2019.com/

LIVE LINK https://wildervsortiz2019.com/

Wilder vs Ortiz PPV Boxing Live

Date: Saturday, 23 November

Time: 9 PM ET

Live Stream: FOX, PBC, PPV

Boxing's longest reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder will take on his most dangerous challenger to date when he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz in the main event of the FOX Sports PBC Pay-Per-View Saturday, Nov. 23 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Deontay Wilder enters this fight with a 41-0-1 record that includes 40 knockouts. Wilder has won six of his last seven fights, and he’s coming off a May win over Dominic Breazeale. Wilder redeemed himself after a questionable showing against Tyson Fury, as he put Breazeale to sleep in the first round with a ridiculous right hand. I had some qestions about Wilder after his last two bouts where he arguably got outboxed in both bouts, but his overwhelming power and one-pound knockout potential always suckers me back in. Wilder is a 33-year-old American who stands at 6’7”, has an 83-inch reach and an orthodox stance.

Luis Ortiz enters this fight with a 31-1 record that includes 26 knockouts. Ortiz has won five of his last six fights, and he’s coming off a March win over Christian Hammer. Ortiz is coming off his first decision victory since his 2016 bout with Malik Scott and has now won three straight fights since the first meeting with Wilder. While he didn’t get the stoppage, Ortiz controlled the pace of the fight, worked the body well and showed he still has a good enough gas tank at his age to be effective throughout a full fight. Ortiz is 40 years old, stands at 6’4”, has a 78-inch reach and a southpaw stance.

Where is the Wilder vs Ortiz fight?

The fight between Bronze Bomber and The Real King Kong will take place at MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas.

What happened last time?

Last time Deontay Wilder and Luiz Ortiz met was in March 2018 at the Barclay Center  in New York as Cuban boxer challenged Bronze Bomber for WBC heavyweight title.It was the first time Wilder looked as if he wouldn't dispatch his opponent by KO/TKO against the undefeated Ortiz who gave him a barrage in the seventh round.Wilder had to dig deep  in eighth and ninth round before eventually in the tenth round finding the stoppage by sending the Cuban to the canvas with brutal uppercut  with the ref David  Fields waving the fight off.

How to watch Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz fight?

If you're watching in the USA you can watch it live on FOX PPV or live stream on FOX Sports App.

TV coverage for Wilder vs Ortiz rematch in the UK has yet to be announced but will be updated accordingly.

Deontay Wilder stats and records

Alias: Bronze Bomber

Nationality:USA

Stance: Orthodox

Height: 6ft 7inches / 201 cm

Reach: 83 inches / 211cm

Total fights: 42

Wins: 41

Wins by knockout: 40

Losses: 0

Draw: 1 

Luis Ortiz stats and records

Alias: King Kong

Nationality: Cuba

Stance: Southpaw

Height: 6ft 4inches / 193cm

Reach: 78 inches / 198cm

Total fights: 34

Wins: 31

Wins by knockouts: 26

Losses: 1

WildervsOrtiz On 2019-11-18, 5:26 AM

Watch Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz PPV Boxing Live Streaming free online at MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, USA. Saturday 23 November 2019,Time 9 PM ET. Welcome to watch Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz Live Stream free online on your pc/laptop, mac, ipad. Do not wait to access this HD link when Wilder vs Ortiz Fight is mostly over and you will get live stream, scores, results and highlights.

WATCH LIVE https://wildervsortiz2019.com/

LIVE LINK https://wildervsortiz2019.com/

Wilder vs Ortiz PPV Boxing Live

Date: Saturday, 23 November

Time: 9 PM ET

Live Stream: FOX, PBC, PPV

Boxing's longest reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder will take on his most dangerous challenger to date when he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz in the main event of the FOX Sports PBC Pay-Per-View Saturday, Nov. 23 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Deontay Wilder enters this fight with a 41-0-1 record that includes 40 knockouts. Wilder has won six of his last seven fights, and he’s coming off a May win over Dominic Breazeale. Wilder redeemed himself after a questionable showing against Tyson Fury, as he put Breazeale to sleep in the first round with a ridiculous right hand. I had some qestions about Wilder after his last two bouts where he arguably got outboxed in both bouts, but his overwhelming power and one-pound knockout potential always suckers me back in. Wilder is a 33-year-old American who stands at 6’7”, has an 83-inch reach and an orthodox stance.

Luis Ortiz enters this fight with a 31-1 record that includes 26 knockouts. Ortiz has won five of his last six fights, and he’s coming off a March win over Christian Hammer. Ortiz is coming off his first decision victory since his 2016 bout with Malik Scott and has now won three straight fights since the first meeting with Wilder. While he didn’t get the stoppage, Ortiz controlled the pace of the fight, worked the body well and showed he still has a good enough gas tank at his age to be effective throughout a full fight. Ortiz is 40 years old, stands at 6’4”, has a 78-inch reach and a southpaw stance.

Where is the Wilder vs Ortiz fight?

The fight between Bronze Bomber and The Real King Kong will take place at MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas.

What happened last time?

Last time Deontay Wilder and Luiz Ortiz met was in March 2018 at the Barclay Center  in New York as Cuban boxer challenged Bronze Bomber for WBC heavyweight title.It was the first time Wilder looked as if he wouldn't dispatch his opponent by KO/TKO against the undefeated Ortiz who gave him a barrage in the seventh round.Wilder had to dig deep  in eighth and ninth round before eventually in the tenth round finding the stoppage by sending the Cuban to the canvas with brutal uppercut  with the ref David  Fields waving the fight off.

How to watch Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz fight?

If you're watching in the USA you can watch it live on FOX PPV or live stream on FOX Sports App.

TV coverage for Wilder vs Ortiz rematch in the UK has yet to be announced but will be updated accordingly.

topmahof On 2019-11-29, 3:52 AM
TehEdge On 2019-12-27, 22:50 PM

So Does this mean that my laptop wont support the latests graphics drivers? 

This is more than a little irritating, I feel like i dont get the latest features now because of a design flaw that Lenovo made.

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Delete