Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

09-18-2018

Brazil

3 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 11

320-15IKB cannot boot after BIOS update

2018-09-18, 4:01 AM

My PC was totally fine, when a popup message from Lenovo Vantage told me to update BIOS (really for 320 or 500-something, it said), which I accepted and paid attention to instructions. Battery and power were all ok.

Next thing I know, I find my PC "preparing auto repair" forever. After hours, I restarted and it would say boot device was inaccessible, then back to endless repair preparation. What happened here? How come a suggested updated ruins my product?

Options

5 Posts

09-15-2018

Spain

18 Signins

218 Page Views

• Views: 218
  • Message 2 of 11

Re: 320-15IKB cannot boot after BIOS update

2018-09-18, 4:47 AM

Hi Dayan, I've faced exactly the same problem as you during the two most recent BIOS updates from Lenovo with my Ideapad 520. The culprit is that when the new BIOS installs, it changes your BIOS settings and renders your system useless. Below is the solution that worked for me:

- Insert a needle or a tooth pick or pen point in the little hole on the side of your laptop with a semicircular symbol, to boot your machine in BIOS.

- Enter "BIOS Setup".

- Go to the "Configuration" menu.

- You will probably find "SATA Controller Mode" is set to "Intel RST Premium". This is the culprit!

- Change "SATA Controller Mode" to "AHCI". Just Exit the BIOS, saving changes, and Windows should start smoothly.

Good luck!

Options

1 Posts

09-19-2018

Spain

1 Signins

132 Page Views

• Views: 132
  • Message 3 of 11

2018-09-19, 2:36 AM

That solution didnt work for me :(

I have the same issue as the person who started the thread

Like really..everthing was fine with my laptop...

Options

8 Posts

06-28-2018

Netherlands

29 Signins

494 Page Views

• Views: 494
  • Message 4 of 11

2018-09-20, 9:14 AM

Did you load the default settings of the BIOS before updating it? If you have read everything by scrolling down in that installation menu it is mentioned.

Personally I think, for something as critical as updating firmware, information shouldn't be hidden in a scroll-menu. You also shouldn't have anything else that not came with the system attached to it when updating the firmware. Should you update with a full battery and battery saving mode off or with the adpter on the ac-grid?

Mr not sir
Options

1 Posts

10-02-2018

Russian Federation

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 5 of 11

2018-10-02, 17:11 PM

Hi. I've got the same problem. When I received message to update bios to 6JCN26WW version and confirmed it. After automaticaly update notebook don't boot. Black screen. Only service helped me. They replaced motherboard. It's very bad idea to use program with automaticaly update bios. Very bad work.

Options

3 Posts

10-02-2018

Israel

3 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 6 of 11

2018-10-02, 23:13 PM

I had the same thing. Try to boot into safe mode and download the Intel Menegement Engine driver. It worked for me.

Options

1 Posts

12-16-2018

Russian Federation

2 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 7 of 11

2018-12-16, 6:42 AM

I've same issue.

First of all when I've start installation of BIOS driver update (that was recommended by LBS), I've no custom updates or special BIOS settings on Laptop (it was just from the box). *I've bought it 2 or 3 days before, so I've really bad customer and user expirience.

Ok, no drama, I was really thinking that when you buy Laptop from famous brand it should work from the box... How naive I was.

Solutions that helped me to start this piece of plastic:

1) First of all search video on YT about this kind of problems. You'll find video, where guy use "Novo button" (OK Lenovo, I suffered not enough please make me google for 10-15 minutes how to oprn BIOS setup, that's wonderfull Christmas or New Year's quest) - it's on the left 3-5mm deep (check manual or try to find video Lenovo Ideapad 320 BIOS), to push it I've used my iPhone "open sim card slot" tool (it works well). Than in BIOS settings -> Boot menu, Check Legacy First. This thing helped me 3 times.

2) Every time when you reload your laptop soming is changing in this magic box, so I've same troubles after restart. But today this algoritm doesn't help me. So go to the point 3.

3) YT is great helper with any troubles (not an advertise :smileyvery-happy: ), so after short research, I've found guy with Lenovo Yoga blablabla, he shows 1st solution and it didn't work for him, so he show how in bios settings in the right tab he use point - reset to the default settings. This works for him, but not for me. I mention this because I've no idea is it important in solution algorithm (part of it), or no.

Next step I've google same problem on my language, there weren't any solution for our model, but for previous models guys recommend to push and hold power button without battery and power cabel connected to Laptop. So I've no opportunity to unconnect battery (I'll lose my warranty I suggest that I'll need it :smileyvery-happy:), so I've disconnect power cabel and hold power button for 10s. 

Now I'm writing this post from my Lenovo IdeaPad320 Laptop, I've changed sleep time to never, because I've no idea what is permanent good solution and I'm very very tired to spend 10-30 minutes to turn on this Laptop. This is my machine for work so... If there are any Lenovo support guys, plese give some recommendations about where I could download correct BIOS driver to stop this nughtmare. Thx for yout attention.

P.S. I've tryed to re-install this BIOS of death, but of course it's not possible.

So.... to be continued, do not turn off your device.

Options

1 Posts

04-10-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 8 of 11

Re:320-15IKB cannot boot after BIOS update

2020-04-10, 14:23 PM

Go to the "Configuration" menu.

- You will probably find "SATA Controller Mode" is set to "Intel RST Premium". This is the culprit!

- Change "SATA Controller Mode" to "AHCI". Just Exit the BIOS, saving changes, and Windows should start smoothly.

Good luck!

@LolodelPolo That solved my issue. I am VERY grateful!!! Thank you!!

Options

2 Posts

08-09-2020

Afghanistan

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 9 of 11

Re:320-15IKB Battery not charging after BIOS upgrade

2020-08-09, 5:03 AM

upgraded to Bios 4WCN46WW. system show is charging but % not increase. few day before battery was working fine. never faced any backup issue. how after upgrade battery is affected ? I don't option to downgrade BIOS.

Options

7 Posts

09-25-2018

Brazil

8 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 10 of 11

Re:320-15IKB cannot boot after BIOS update

2020-10-26, 21:47 PM

BIOS 4WCN47WW - Great!!!!! Problem solved. Thank you very much !!!!!

Go to the "Configuration" menu.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms