Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

04-22-2021

Singapore

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 3

330-15ICH Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81FK - Smoke, burning smell & blue screen.

2021-04-22, 5:33 AM

Hi All,

I'm using a 330-15ICH Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81FK. Sudden blue screen while in use with error code Video_TDR_Failure nvlddmkm.sys, i turn off the laptop pressing down the power button and turn it on again. Shortly, the air vent emit some smoke and burning smell. I did some goggle search for the code error solutions, but none works. I have even re-install a fresh windows 10. Some observations i get after multiple ways of troubleshooting. If i disable the Nvidia GPU in device manager, the laptop can still startup and use as normal using the Intel GPU. And if i use the power adapter to power the laptop occasionally there will be fade smell, but not when i just use the battery.

What should i do?

Is my Nvidia GPU fried?

Change a new mother board as GPU are integrated with the board itself?

Is the power adapter faulty?

Appreciate all advice. Thanks in advance. 

Regards

Lionel

Options

2282 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

249 Signins

11666 Page Views

• Views: 11666
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:330-15ICH Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81FK - Smoke, burning smell & blue screen.

2021-04-22, 9:41 AM

Hi Lionelng,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I'd highly recommend sending the device in to a certified computer repair shop and have them take a look at it. It can be a number of things that have fried and gone bad when you are experiencing smoke and a burnt smell from your computer.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

6 Posts

04-22-2021

Singapore

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:330-15ICH Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81FK - Smoke, burning smell & blue screen.

2021-04-22, 9:46 AM

Hi Voithos, 

Unfortunately, my 2 yrs warranty just expired 1 month ago. Don't think Lenovo will entertain me without a warranty. Hence, to check out here if anyone face the same issue as mine and hopefully seek some technical advice if possible. Thks.

Regards

Lionel

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms