English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

02-17-2017

IT

83 Signins

694 Page Views

• Views: 694
  • Message 1 of 5

About L340 Updates, Vantage is completely silent

2020-01-03, 11:52 AM

Hi and thank you everyone for your time and previous topics, which helped me a lot in various times

I have a couple weeks old now, L340 Gaming 15 inches code 81LK.

At first I started everything, registered the product, worked my way around Vantage - right now it's a week at least that the only update Vantage prompt me to update is a "Camera Driver for Sonix", wich I already did update. Nonetheless, every time I run updates trough the App it show both as installed and need it to be installed (same version, as attached screenshot)

Anyway, I recently received a couple email about my subscription from Lenovo, that signal me a couple updates. Today for example new NVIDIA VGA and NVIDIA GFE, updated on 02 January, to be downladed from Lenovo Support site.

I mean, shouldn't Vantage tell me about those updates when I check about them - and take care of their download and installation?

Thank you for the attention and every useful answer

Options

1 Posts

01-03-2020

PK

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: About L340 Updates, Vantage is completely silent

2020-01-03, 12:22 PM

A lot of the advantages the perks offer to you can be compensated for by play style. My sniping style on every COD since 2 has been to run a short to medium distance to good cover and a decent view, take a few shots (hopefully get the same number of kills) and gtfo. Here is the setup I use for MW2 specifically.

Arlo Pro 2 Smart Security System

Options

433 Posts

11-04-2019

US

155 Signins

9457 Page Views

• Views: 9457
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-01-03, 20:12 PM

Hi dcalonaci,

Lenovo Vantage has Auto Updates section includes On/Off toggle settings to automatically install Critical and Recommended updates, Learn more how lenovo Vantage works.

How to use Lenovo System Update.

Lenovo System Update: Update Drivers, BIOS and Applications.

Hope this will address your query.

Regards.
Dondon_Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

20 Posts

02-17-2017

IT

83 Signins

694 Page Views

• Views: 694
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-01-03, 20:17 PM

Yep, well aware of that. No signal from those of today, NVIDIA driver that the support site say as critical - not even after a manual refresh/search trough the Check now button

Only result I keep getting in Vntage App is that Sonix video driver, the one from the screenshot - the one I already installed.

Deinstalled and reinstalled, after a PC reboot, the Vantage app as well

Options

1 Posts

09-25-2020

AE

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:About L340 Updates, Vantage is completely silent

2020-09-25, 11:14 AM

Yes because it will allow for manual exposure. However, it has a lot of shortcomings. While it's designed to look like an advanced DSLR, it is really just a point and shoots a camera in a fancy-looking body.

The biggest problem that you'll have with the L340, and why you should avoid it, is that it runs on AA batteries. AA batteries don't last nearly as long as lithium-ion battery packs. Because of this, the camera is going to go through AA batteries very, very quickly. You'll likely need to have 2 or 3 additional sets in your bag, especially if you ever use the camera for video.

The L340's image quality is quite poor due to the very small 1/2.3" sensor. The smaller the sensor, the smaller the pixels. The smaller the pixels the more noise you'll get at all ISO settings, and the lower the dynamic range. Therefore the L340 will have slightly better ISO performance and dynamic range than the $8 camera used in a common smartphone. Nikon tries to hide or remove the noise with noise reduction, but all that really ends up doing is smearing the details.

Read More: dubai online shopping 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete