Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-08-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

After running updates screen black after login

2021-01-08, 22:30 PM

My Lenovo Ideapad 33OS ran updates and ever since when I start it it gets as far as the login screen then after I enter my password the screen goes black. Anyone know what to do? Thanks!

Options

818 Posts

05-14-2020

United States of America

323 Signins

4015 Page Views

• Views: 4015
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:After running updates screen black after login

2021-01-14, 1:42 AM

Hmmm,

Have you tried simply waiting 15 to 20 minutes for the update to finish?  If you interrupt the update then it takes 15 minutes for windows to recover from the interrupt and another 15 minutes to actually install the update, so now it is 40 minutes of blackness.... :(

Rarely the screen brightness is minimal.  Try shining a bright light onto the screen.  Is it truly blank, or is the brightness set to "zero?"  If so use the keyboard brightness UP button, or using the external light source and the mouse, find the brightness UP slider.

On startup try entering BIOS settings and resetting the toggles for "Factory Defaults" and "Optimise for OS"  These are on the last page for "Save Settings and Exit" on my BIOS.

Good Luck!

Usedtoberich

Options

2 Posts

01-08-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:After running updates screen black after login

2021-01-14, 2:15 AM

Thanks. The update ran completely. This happened once I tried to log in. I let it be for quite a while without interruption. I've found and tried various solutions. So far nothing is changing anything.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms