Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-04-2021

Romania

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 7

Audio Problems Speakers

2021-05-04, 9:54 AM

Hello, I have an Ideapad 5 14ARE05 81YM with Windows 10. I have some audio problems with the on-board speakers, after plugging and unplugging headphones the speakers don't work anymore, they don't make any sound. On Ubuntu the problem doesn't appear, so it may be a driver problem, not a hardware one.

I've found a temporary fix, if I restart the "Windows Audio" service, the speakers start working, but I would like to find a way to make the driver work better without needing to restart a service every time I want to use the speakers after using headphones.

I've tried: disabling audio enhancements and hardware acceleration from "Speakers Properties", disabling Dolby Audio profiles, reinstalling Windows, reinstalling all audio drivers (AMD and Realtek), using other headphones, nothing fixed the problem with the on-board speakers

I would like to find a way to make the driver work better without needing to restart a service every time I want to use the speakers after using headphone, any idea?

Options

1861 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

115 Signins

10725 Page Views

• Views: 10725
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Audio Problems Speakers

2021-05-04, 10:16 AM

Hello duducomo,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I might advise you can try to run diagnostics to your machine and see if there could be any hardware related issue to the unit that is causing the issue. You are free to include the results here on the thread.

I would recommend that you can try to update the audio drivers from the support page. Once on the support page, enter your machine serial number to load up the correct drivers. Go to Drivers and Software > Manual Update, then look for audio drivers. Complete the installation and restart the machine. Test the audio.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

05-04-2021

Romania

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-05-04, 10:43 AM

I've run the diagnostics from the link, all the tests we're passed, the result code for the Audio test is "Result Code:WAU0000300000-RH8Z0G".

I already have the latest drivers and BIOS version for my machine from the Lenovo Vantage Program and support page. As I said earlier, I even reinstalled them with the official ones from the support page. The problem still appears after I plug and unplug a headphone from the 3.5mm port.

Options

1861 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

115 Signins

10725 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-05-04, 15:25 PM

Hi duducomo,

Thank you so much for the response. If you can please try these troubleshooting steps to your device so we can further isolate.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power, able to power up the machine.
- Disconnect all cables and/or peripheral devices connected to the machine (ex. power cable, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, flashdrives, etc).
- Ensure that device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down the power button for as long as 60 seconds to drain flea power or excess voltage.

Perform/load BIOS defaults
- Make sure that the machine is properly powered down/switched off.
- Find the Novo Button. How a Novo button should look like: https://support.lenovo.com/us/fr/solutions/ht062552 
- Access/click this by using an unfolded paperclip or by using something similar to the latter.
- Machine will power up to Novo Menu. Navigate and select using the arrow keys to BIOS Set Up.
- Inside the BIOS Set Up, navigate to the Exit Menu. Select Load Setup Default - click Enter, select YES and click Enter.
- Select Exit and Save Changes then click Enter, select YES and click Enter. 
- The computer will start up.

Once the machine boots up, try to get into safe mode and then check if the issue would be present at this point.

Let us know.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

05-04-2021

Romania

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-05-06, 5:20 AM

Hi, I've done as instructed,  a static discharge/power cycle, loaded BIOS defaults, booted into safe mode and the problem with the speakers isn't present there, they work as intended, but after rebooting back into normal Windows 10 the problems pops up again.

Options

1861 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

115 Signins

10725 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-05-07, 19:04 PM

Hi duducomo,

It would appear that configurations of the current Dolby audio is causing the issue.

See if rolling back of the Dolby audio driver (preferably the one from support site helps otherwise we may need to wait for updated drivers that can work smoothly with Dolby Audio specially if internal speakers are also configured already to it.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Options

4 Posts

05-04-2021

Romania

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-05-12, 18:23 PM

Hi,

I hope that some "updated drivers that can work smoothly with Dolby Audio specially" will be released soon, I have great respect for your products, your customer support and I'm very happy with this laptop, but this audio driver problem taints a perfect experience with this device and I'm expecting that a laptop should run without problems on a supported Operating System.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms