Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-05-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 18

AudioSmart conflicting with my mic while using Zoom

2020-04-05, 19:15 PM

This is a new laptop so this has been a problem since I got it in January. Whenever I use Zoom, the laptop turns off my speaker and mic after a few minutes on the Zoom call. It happens every single time without fail and it sometimes happens repeatedly. I cannot find any actual controls for turning AudioSmart on or off on this computer and I'm really frustrated at this point since i have to use Zoom for teaching. I tried uninstalled the Lenovo Smart Advantage utility, but the AudioSmart control still shows up when I launch Zoom, indicating it is still on. Why isn't there any obvious control panel for this add in? Please help so that I can feel good about my stupid laptop purchase again :(.

Using Windows 10 on Lenovo Flex 14API.

Options

1 Posts

04-06-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 18

Re:AudioSmart conflicting with my mic while using Zoom

2020-04-06, 23:04 PM

I have this problem as well! I have not yet found a fix for it. It's really annoying when I unmute in Zoom and then i end up losing all sound in my Zoom meeting a few seconds later. I have an IdeaPad S540-151WL. From what I've read, it's definitely an issue with AudioSmart. The "fixes" I've seen seem to only temporarily disable this feature.

The only workaround I've used is dialing in to the Zoom meeting. I don't like doing it, but I don't have the same audio issues when I do. 

Options

1 Posts

04-18-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 18

2020-04-18, 19:28 PM
Hi did anyone find an answer to this?! It's happening every time I use zoom and I am ready to throw the laptop out the window!!
Options

1 Posts

04-30-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 18

2020-04-30, 21:54 PM

Same issue here. I got my IdeaPad Flex in October, had audio issues, and exchanged it for my current one, hoping it was just a fluke. I have been using Zoom for school for years and this never happened on my Toshiba laptop. I'm honestly regretting that I got this kind again, but I otherwise love it and I really wanted it to work (and Costco had a great deal on it!). I also have to call in on the phone for Zoom calls, which is inconvenient and often has a lag compared to my picture on the screen. 

Someone please tell us how to fix this!

Options

4 Posts

04-05-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 5 of 18

2020-05-01, 5:36 AM

I have not gotten an answer to this problem, and I have tried multiple times to initiate a call back from tech support using the online request. I never get the call. I am really angry with Lenovo with their lack of response to this problem, as I have found people with this problem going back years. And obviously now this is even more annoying because of how prevalent Zoom is. 

On the other hand, I have tried to contact Zoom about it, and they have not responded either. I hate computers.

Options

1 Posts

05-11-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 6 of 18

2020-05-11, 9:01 AM

Same issue here. Zoom pops a "feedback loop detected" error and prompts you to choose if you want to stay muted or not.

Options

2 Posts

05-23-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 7 of 18

2020-05-23, 18:18 PM

I have had the same issue with audio cutting out after a few minutes into a Zoom meeting. This is a new laptop - Lenovo ideapad S540. I was able to resolve the issue by clicking on the Audio arrow at the bottom left of the Zoom screen, which opens the Audio setting,  and clicking on Test Speakers. It automatically resets the audio and I can hear everyone again. It doesn't solve the issue with AudioSmart, but it is a workaround that will allow you to hear the sound of everyone speaking again, while still in a Zoom meeting. AND, the audio does NOT cut out again, after you run the test.  I just completed a 2 hour Zoom meeting, and the audio did not cut out, after I ran the Test speaker once.  While it still is a problem, I can work with this. 

Options

1 Posts

05-24-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 18

2020-05-24, 15:18 PM

I'm so glad I stumbled on this - I've been having the same issue with Zoom but didn't connect it to the AudioSmart app... at some point, I started noticing the black oval AudioSmart badge at the top-center of my screen, it was annoying me so I wanted to get rid of it. Did a search and found this issue (Zoom audio) which is debilitating to my Zoom meeting experience. I really hope someone finds a solution to this!

Options

2 Posts

05-26-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 9 of 18

2020-05-26, 14:54 PM

Same here. Brand new ThinkPad E595. Would be nice to see a resolution on this!

Options

2 Posts

05-26-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 10 of 18

2020-05-26, 15:17 PM

I'm trying this from another thread here:

If you're using Windows 10, just press the Win key and type SmartAudio and it will show up. Right click on it and select app settings. In the settings window scroll to the bottom and you'll see the uninstall option. This worked for me.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx-Edge-LaVie-Z-Flex-Notebooks/Lenovo-AudioSmart-interferes-with-audio-during-Zoom-video-conferences/m-p/5008704

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms