English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-26-2020

IN

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

BIOS boot order changing automatically after changing it manually to DVD drive

2020-09-26, 4:51 AM

I am facing a blue screen of death problem. So I tries to reinstall windows on lenovo z585 laptop.but each time I try to set the boot order from BIOS settings to DVD/CD drive, it changes back to windows boot manager. This then fails to boot from dvd. My Blue screen persists. Pls help. Thanks in advance.

Options

453 Posts

05-14-2020

US

199 Signins

2335 Page Views

• Views: 2335
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:BIOS boot order changing automatically after changing it manually to DVD drive

2020-09-30, 14:08 PM

Hello,

You may need to consult with a PC repair technician.

My suggestions are:

1.  make sure the computer is powered off before attempting to restart.  (Hold the power button down for at least 30 seconds to enforce a hard shutdown.)
  2.  From the Blue Screen options, select system restore/repair menus.  Be aware most of these options will completely erase the contents of the system disk.  If anything is desired, try to extract that information first.  consult a PC technician for methods.
  3. I would use a different PC and download Windows 10 installation USB image from Microsoft.com, use the special USB creation software from the exact same web page, and then attempt to boot from that USB.

Good luck,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete