English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-16-2020

IN

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Battery Charge Problem

2020-09-16, 16:13 PM

My Lenovo Ideapad 330 take 10 mins to charge 1%. The problem has occured since yesterday. My laptop charge suddenly decrease from 84% to 0% and then after Blue Screen Error occured showing Driver Power State Failure. After I open my laptop the problem begins. Is there any solution for my problem ?

Options

989 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

120 Signins

5531 Page Views

• Views: 5531
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Battery Charge Problem

2020-09-17, 10:21 AM

@ #PS wrote:

My Lenovo Ideapad 330 take 10 mins to charge 1%. The problem has occured since yesterday. My laptop charge suddenly decrease from 84% to 0% and then after Blue Screen Error occured showing Driver Power State Failure. After I open my laptop the problem begins. Is there any solution for my problem ?

Hello PS,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the problem :

Step 1. Static Discharge

**Note : If you have problems charging the device at all, try the other steps first, then static discharge if unsuccessful)

- Remove all cables attached to the device (power, hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)

- Ensure device is switched OFF

- Hold down power button for 60 seconds

- Re-attach all cables

- Connect the AC Adapter, then let the device charge for about 2 minutes (if it does) then start up as usual.

- If the battery now charges and/or there might be a sensor issue, continue below:

- Charge the battery to full, then perform a discharge of the battery again.  

- Do this 2-3 times to see if the sensor normalizes.

**NOTE - Step 4 and 5 are only necessary if you charge from USB/USB-C and have problems charging.  

Do note that you might be experiencing a sensor fault on the device, which Step 1 can help sort out.

Step 2. Checking The Advanced Power Options.  

- In the Search function type : Control Panel

- From the View By: select Large/Small Icons. Then Select "Power Options".

- Click "Edit Power Plan" for the plan of your device.

- Select "Change advanced power settings"

- Find and expand "USB Settings"

- Make sure the "USB selective suspend setting" is set to "disabled"

Step 3. Reinstall Battery drivers + Check USB Root Hubs and Generic USB hubs.

- Press Windows Key + X, select Device Manager

- Now click Batteries in the Device Manager window.

- Next, you should right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall from the context menu.

- Click Uninstall to confirm.

- While still in Device Manager, expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

- Right click and click properties on all USB Root Hubs and Generic USB hubs.

- Check Power Management, and make sure the computer is not allowed to turn these devices off to save power.

- Restart the device and have Windows install the generic driver type for this device.

Step 3. Updating the System Board drivers.

Make sure you have the newest BIOS, Chipset, Serial I.O, Management Engine Interface drivers and Power Management drivers for your device:  

You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page

Just plot in the serial number for your device and hit enter, might have to hit it twice. Then head to Drivers & Software then the BIOS, Chipset and Power Management section.

**Note: Make sure the AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% battery charge when performing this update.

Good luck

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete