Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

31 Posts

03-31-2018

Australia

79 Signins

763 Page Views

• Views: 763
  • Message 1 of 4

Bluetooth Hardware issue

2021-05-04, 8:26 AM

Having spent many hours resulting in Bluetooth speakers working about four times  - but never for more than one session - I've concluded that it's a hardware issue; this seems further confirmed by running a speed test for WiFi and the speeds are at around one tenth when only about 2.5 metres from the Modem in the same room while another device had only about a 10% decline.  Given the machine is probably not worth taking to a repairer; is there any DIY fix for this e.g. unscrew/replace some component  When I linked to a new Bluetooth speaker and mobile device they both paired and worked - once; which suggests some Win. 10 error but everything including two re-sets didn't resolve the issue; I have a vague suspicion that the logons in Services may be a solution but this may be wishful thinking.

Options

1861 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

115 Signins

10725 Page Views

• Views: 10725
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Bluetooth Hardware issue

2021-05-04, 8:37 AM

Greetings DECH,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the community boards. 

I would recommend then that you can try to initiate a diagnostics scan to your device to see if there could be any hardware failure responsible to the issue. You can include the scan results here in your response.

I might advise as well to try updating the Bluetooth drivers from your machine from the support page. On the support site, please enter your machine serial number to load the correct drivers. Go to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual update and find the Bluetooth drivers. Restart the machine and test the hardware again.

Finally, try to boot the machine into safe mode and test the unit to see if issue would be present in this mode.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

31 Posts

03-31-2018

Australia

79 Signins

763 Page Views

• Views: 763
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-05-08, 5:54 AM
It's taken around two years to reach this point; drivers/diagnostics/troubleshooting/Win 10 resets have all be done multiple times; BT speakers work well with other devices - so no doubt it is a hardware issue (although Lenovo diagnostic reported all is well) BT is also shown as not available on one of the diagnostic tools downloaded. My one hope was that there is just some card that can be unscrewed and replaced; I guess the fact that it has worked intermittently indicates some loose soldering or similar; interesting that the link to the mobile phone works - at least for transferring links etc.
Options

1861 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

115 Signins

10725 Page Views

• Views: 10725
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-05-10, 16:51 PM

Hi DECH,

Thank you for getting back into this thread. I think there is still a need for you to isolate the issue further. An easy way that I might advise is to try to get an external usb bluetooth adapter and test the connectivity using other devices, see if this would work well.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms