English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

05-10-2019

GB

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 11 of 12

Re: Buzzing sound from headphones when charging

2019-05-10, 17:20 PM
Just wondering if you managed to get this problem fixed. I am having the same problem with my Lenovo.

When it is charging, there is a loud buzzing coming through my headphones. When I unplug the laptop from the wall or when I press my finger against the back of the screen, the buzzing stops. As soon as I plug it back in or remove my finger from the back of the screen, it starts again.
Options

11 Posts

08-19-2018

BE

10 Signins

117 Page Views

• Views: 117
  • Message 12 of 12

Re: Buzzing sound from headphones when charging

2019-05-10, 17:41 PM

Yes I did find what the problem is and I also know how to fix it. The buzzing is caused because the default charger for this laptop is NOT grounded. 

I tried charging my laptop with a grounded lenovo 330s charger and then there is no buzzing at all.

This is the charger I used to test (https://www.lenovo.com/be/nl/accessories-and-monitors/chargers-and-batteries/chargers/PWR-ADP-BO-65W-Round-Tip-AC-AdapterCE/p/GX20K78592) 

I don't own this charger because I used someone else's just for testing purposes but it didn't have the problem. This and the fact that we don't have the buzzing when touching the metal back of the screen shows me that it has to do with grounding.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete