Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

07-18-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 13

Camera Stops working "Camera not detected"

2021-07-21, 19:17 PM

Hi

I noticed that my zoom video mysteriously stops in the middle of a zoom presentation.
But it is not zoom since my "camera is not detected".  Error code is "0xA00F4244 Error code".

I have  FLEX-15IML Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81XH, SERIAL NUMBER MP1QNASJ. I have windows 10 with all udpates.
I use McAffee.

Here is what I already did: i) Checked privacy, ii) used F8, iii) Checked shutter, iv) Windows updates up to date
v) Disabled camera and then rebooted (Sometimes it works) NOTE: Sometimes when the camera stops 
device manager does not even list it. vi) Device manager says I have latest driver, vii) I have a message

dating back to July 9 that  Device USB\VID_1BCF&PID_0B13&MI_00\6&287431f7&0&0000 requires further installation.

Maybe that is the problem but I dont know how to fix it.

When I reboot I hit restart but I shouldn't have to reboot to see my camera (or hard stop close plus open). One problem might

be I leave my computer on continuously but that goes away when I reboot.

I am writing today since it just happened and when I rebooted my camera was listed in device manager but my camera still was not detected.

I have read about downloading drivers from Lenovo website but I am not certain how to do that, where to go, and how to install them.

Any insights (or fixes) would be greatly appreciated

Thanx

Russell Hendel

Options

4162 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

257 Signins

23193 Page Views

• Views: 23193
  • Message 2 of 13

Re:Camera Stops working "Camera not detected"

2021-07-21, 19:34 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @RJHendel 

Thanks for taking the time to initiate a post. Perhaps you can give these steps a try, just a heads up that you might have already gone through some of the steps here, but still try do it.

I would advise to try to uninstall the camera driver from the Device Manager (assuming you have clicked on View tab then clicked on Show hidden devices option), but since it is not listed, start here.

Reset Camera
- Go to "Settings" by right clicking the Start Menu at the bottom left of desktop.
- Select "Apps and Features", type "Camera" in the search field.
- Click the Camera and look for the "Advanced Options".
- Look for the "Reset" and then click the "Reset" button.

Test the camera, if fail, proceed.

Troubleshoot Windows Store Apps
- Go to "Settings" and then click on "Update and Security".
- Click "Troubleshoot" from the list on the left side. Look for "Additional troubleshooters".
- Look or scroll to find the "Windows Store Apps", click it and then choose "Run the troubleshooter".

Now head to support site. Use your machine serial number to load up the correct drivers through the search bar. Once the page loads up, head to Drivers and Software tab, find the camera drivers and then download the drivers, install it. Restart the machine and test the camera.

It's worthy to mention that you may also try connecting an external camera to further isolate the issue - or try to boot the machine in safe mode to find if the same error message would occur on the camera application.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

07-18-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 13

2021-07-21, 20:32 PM

Dex

Thanx for the detailed messages. 1) My camera was working (I disabled and rebooted vs. uninstalled and rebooted) but 2) I reset it
which erased some messages in the event log. ALso I had not tried 3) safe mode. Thanx also for the detailed information about
where to find drivers.

I dont use my camera that often and this typically doesn't happen till after an hour or so on Zoom. I have some conferences this

week. WIll see if the "camera" remains under these circumstances.

Will come back if this persists but right now I am ok

RJHendel (Russell)

Options

4162 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

257 Signins

23193 Page Views

• Message 4 of 13

2021-07-22, 11:07 AM

Hi @RJHendel 

Thanks for updating the thread. You are free to get back in the thread if you'd need help anytime regarding the same subject.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

07-18-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2021-08-08, 19:52 PM

Hi

Dex Lenovo answered me previously. My camera worked for about 2 weeks and is not even there. Here are the specs:

LAPTOP
SERIAL NUMBER MP1QNASJ
FLEX-15IML Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81XH

UPDATES: Took Dex's advice. Went to website; updated all drivers. Updated camera drivers.

CURRENT ISSUE: I can't even see "camera" in device manager.  Camera is not detected When I attempt to open I obtain error code 0xA00F4244
Yet camera shutter is open and all apps have "access" to the camera. This happened last friday. I updated everything including bios and the camera

was there and working. 

This disappearance of the camera has happened ocassionally and is fixed by a complete shutdown and reopening. But that doesn't work now. NOTE: My camera is not working in both "Camera" and "Zoom" Finally I point out that I tried all of Dex's advice except safe mode (Safe mode is DOS I think; camera is not visible there)

Russell

Options

9 Posts

07-18-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2021-08-08, 23:45 PM

Addendum to previous note:
I opened my computer at 3:45 but the events log said that the new drivers did not seem to get installed until 4:10

All of a sudden in my zoom meeting my camera started working

I think the outstanding question is why or what is causing the deletion of the camera which I sometimes see

Russell Jay Hendel

Options

4162 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

257 Signins

23193 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2021-08-13, 21:55 PM

Hi, 

Checking most likely on Windows update history would help you track the cause.

You can try this: on the Device Manager, try to apply a driver rollback on the camera drivers.

If this restored back, then probably you might have isolated the trigger.

Regards.
Dex

Options

9 Posts

07-18-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2021-08-15, 14:12 PM

Dex

Thanx: Here are some updates.

1) I bought restoro in the hope it would fix my camera. It did not and they gave me a full refund

2) But then Lenovo Vantage offered to "update my PC" Lo and behold the camera worked in my next zoom call for an hour 

3) I haven't purchased Lenovo Vantage (yet) but I think it is $25 /year (Not bad) and it seems to work. It is also taylored to my machine (So I probably will)

LATEST STORY: #1) I cannot rollback (Rollback is greye out) Is there some way to "turn on features" so I will have roll back
#2) CAMERA: I opened the CAMERA app about an hour ago and it is still working. But in a zoom call all of a sudden (typically

after 15 minutes but last Friday after an hour) there are some waves, the zoom video goes blank, AND my camera cannot be detected
even after I close zoom

#3) Resetting and uninstall-reboot does not work immediately But after about a half hour the camera is back

I should mention that during the pandemic I used my zoom video for 2 hour lectures several times a week. This whole problem started in 

early July 2021 (I agree with you from a windows update) but I have no way of "rolling back" The Lenovo vantage seems to have worked (once)

Any further advice would be appreciated (Would like the camera to be on for entire video for say an hour)

Russell

Options

9 Posts

07-18-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

CAMERA repeatedly doesn't work after all fixes

2021-08-20, 17:35 PM

Hi

I have a Lenovo LAPTOP (Ideal pad) SERIAL NUMBER MP1QNASJ FLEX-15IML Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81XH

Over the past few weeks I have had my camera "stop" suddently. I have received AND TRIED LOTS of advice including

i) uninstall and reinstall, ii) update drivers and Bios (Done with Lenovo Vantage), iii) Windows update, iv) check F8, v) Check camera shutter, vi) reset camera, vii) (Can't do roll back).  viii) Turned off virus software

I repeatedly have my camera working for a week or so and then dying. I try the above again and it doesnt work (upon reinstall) and then an hour or two later it works THe only other thing I can think of is I sometimes leave my laptop on (no hard turnoff) for a few days. But that should go away when I have a hard turnoff

I am looking for other ideas

Thanx

Russell (And THanx to those who have helped in the past)

Options

9 Posts

07-18-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

CAMERA repeatedly doesn't work after all fixes

2021-08-20, 17:54 PM
UPDATE: Hello all I found a statement that if "Privacy settings are on" your camera will not work. I used Lenovo Vantage and found the privacy setttings were indeed on. I turned them off and my camera worked without a reboot!!??!?! So now my question is: Assuming this is why I am having all this trouble, is there something turning privacy settings on without my being aware. Thanx Russell Hendel
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms