English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-07-2015

uk

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 1

Can't change clickpad swipe gestures Flex Pro 2

2015-08-07, 11:45 AM

I recently updated my Flex Pro 2 15 to windows 10, and after about a 6 hour upgrade, everything was running horribly! It was slow to boot, and non responsive, so I used the Windows 10 Refresh option to go to a clean install.

I've performed all required updates, and everything seems to be working correctly, with the exception of the trackpad. I am able to 2 finger scroll and click etc, but I am unable to change the behaviour of the 3 finger swipe as I was before (on windows 8.1).

On win8 I had it so that a three finger LtR swipe would "go back" in the browser of file explorer (the same as the ALT+LEFT shortcut) and forward with RtL. Now it switches between apps (similar to Alt+TAB) which is extremely annoying, as I spend the majority of the time browsing the web.

Since the browser no longer seems to support the swipe from left-to-right using the touch screen option any more also, I would like to change back to my previous behaviour.

I have opened the synaptics manager, and the options can be unchecked (and disabled) but the actions can't be changed (ie I can turn 3 finger swiping off, but can't change what it does as I could before).

The options are all greyed-out and can't be changed!

I've downloaded the latest version of Synaptics Manager from the Lenovo site, and updated, but still no luck, and this one appears to be more recent that the version on the Synaptics site (v19. vs v17.).

I have noticed that there is a Lenovo logo in the Synaptics Manager software, so I'm assuming that it's been changed for an OEM version, and has probably been altered by Lenovo!!

TL/DR:

Can't change the action on 3 finger swiping, as Lenovo have removed the functionality in Synaptics Manager!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms