Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

05-12-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 5

Cannot connect to wireless display

2021-04-10, 15:25 PM

Attempting to connect my Lenovo LaVie Z to an LG Smart TV by connecting a wireless display (using Miracast / Windows 10.)

I can see this is a common problem through the forums and online searches but I have not found anything that fixes the problems. Some things to note:

1. I have updated all drivers using Lenovo Vantage and Windows Update. I have also updated the TV software.

2. My Lenovo LaVie Z *can* connect to my Roku 3 by connecting a wireless display with no problems

3. When I try to connect to my LG TV, it comes up as 'connecting...' (on the TV and on the latpop) but after about 30 seconds it times out and says "Unable to Connect"

4. I have run sfc /scannow as administrator

5. I have tried disabling Windows Firewall and Bitdefender Firewall and I have turned off Bitdefender Protection

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is an issue that has persisted for years...

Geoff

Options

2361 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

150 Signins

13651 Page Views

• Views: 13651
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Cannot connect to wireless display

2021-04-12, 14:55 PM

Hello cattrall,

Greetings.

Thank you for taking the time to initiate a post here. It may be a good thing to start to know what is your machine name/model and also please provide your machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help us find specifications on your machine.

Let us know when convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

05-12-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-04-13, 6:26 AM

The laptop is a 'Lenovo LaVie Z HZ750' and the Type is 20FF-0012US.

Thanks,

Geoff

Options

2361 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

150 Signins

13651 Page Views

• Views: 13651
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-04-16, 21:00 PM

Hi cattrall,

Apologies for the late reply. 

Not all machines in Win 10 have the hardware requirements for miracast but you can try check yours from here.

Personally, other 3rd party device like Roku may have better chance and lesser requirements too so it makes a good option from most users.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

05-12-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-04-17, 11:55 AM

Hi Dex,

A bit confused by your reply... I'm assuming that my laptop *does* indeed have the hardware requirements for mircast because, like I mentioned in my original post, I can successfully connect to my Roku device (as a wireless display.) If I did not have the hardware requirements, that would not work correct? Unless I am misinterpreting something. I presume it is mircast that is being used to connect to the Roku.

So with that in mind, why can I *not* connect to my LG TV? Like I mentioned before, the LG TV does appear on the laptop as a wireless display, and it says "connecting...' on both the laptop and the TV when I try to connect. But then after about 30 seconds it times out and says 'Unable to connect...'

Geoff

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms