Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-04-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Caps Lock LED

2021-07-11, 17:41 PM

I have a IdeaPad3 which has Premium Support. But before I place any type of service ticket or call, I wanted to get feedback from the community on any possible solutions.

I have an almost 3 year old granddaughter who types on my laptop. One of the things she likes is to hit the Caps Lock key thinking that she is typing.

I have recently noticed when I hit the Caps Lock button that the LED will flash when in Caps Lock mode but will not stay on. I still do see the indicator on screen to tell me whether I am in Caps Lock mode or not.

Is this something worth having service done on it?

It may seem a trivial issue, but I wanted to ask.

Thank you.

Lou Lange

Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA

Options

4647 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

286 Signins

26159 Page Views

• Views: 26159
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Caps Lock LED

2021-07-12, 11:57 AM

Greetings Lou from NH,

It would be a good start to share your machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help in specifying your machine variant. A machine type model / MTM consists of more than four characters.

There really is no problem with the capslock key on your device since it still flashes the icon on screen when pressed. The light itself works as a response indicator when pressed.

There's no need to pull a service ticket on this case as the technical team would likely look out for hardware related issue like broken keys, not working key, etc.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms