Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Certain Keys on the keyboard pause my music, not the media shortcut keys

2021-07-21, 21:34 PM

Hi essentially, the "enter", "\", and "backspace" keys act like the media pause buttons. This happens with chrome, edge, spotify, and everything else. I'm not sure why, i've messed with ease of access, drivers, and done a fresh install of windows. I'm thinking it might be the keyboard itself for the laptop as one of my wired keyboards worked just fine, however im not entirely sure.

Options

3177 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

197 Signins

18159 Page Views

• Views: 18159
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Certain Keys on the keyboard pause my music, not the media shortcut keys

2021-07-21, 21:43 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @Mavs_Retro 

Thanks for elaborating the case. It would be good to start by giving the complete name of your laptop and then also share your machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help in specifying your machine variant. To know if this could be the right discussion board for such query. Please refrain from including your machine serial number on the post.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-07-21, 21:49 PM

Hi and thank you, Its a Lenovo Flex 14API, Model Number:81ss000bus

Options

3177 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

197 Signins

18159 Page Views

• Views: 18159
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-07-22, 16:44 PM

Hi,

Thanks for getting back on the thread. It would be best to further isolate the issue if this is indeed a hardware failure - using an external keyboard would be one of the best ways if the same issue would be present.

I would advise as well to check and follow the steps in this knowledge base for any issues that is related with the keyboard.

It would be best to if you can try to play a music and then test the keyboard using the on-screen keys and along with the external keyboard.

If these two worked well, but failed to operate on the CMD lines (command prompt - test typing it out too), then this is most likely a hardware issue.

A board replacement would be a solution for this.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)