English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-13-2019

PH

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk

2019-05-13, 4:59 AM

I'm downgrading the unit ideapad 100s from windows 10 to windows 7 but unfortunately, i came across a problem with the hard disk?
(co'z im not pretty sure that it is the root/cause) I can't format the laptop and im stuck with the error message just like the title above.
I look everywhere for the solution and mostly it directs to something like SATA Controller Mode which is not in the Bios settings. And, about hard disk protection. How can i fix it?

Options

223 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

142 Signins

1681 Page Views

• Views: 1681
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk

2019-05-14, 5:45 AM

Hi AmPxDLoL,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Are you having issues with the laptop using Windows 10? Checking the support website, we do not have support drivers for Windows 7 in this model. You can check the Drivers & Software tab here https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en by entering your serial number. Moreover, checking the BIOS there is no settings for SATA Controller Mode in this model. I have included a screen shot for comparison. It is not an option to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 on this laptop.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete