Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

02-06-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Conservation Mode is on but battery is still at 100%

2020-02-06, 20:48 PM

I just discovered "Conservation Mode" maybe eight hours ago, and turned it on. Since then I've been steadily working on other computer problems so have been in and out of this forum, online and offline, with lots of restarts; yet the battery on my IdeaPad 330-15IGM has consistently stayed at exactly 100%.

I've had the computer for six weeks and hadn't thought leaving it plugged in was problematic. (My old ASUS stayed plugged in for eight years and still had enough charge for short power outages.) But naturally I'd now like to get this charge down to less than 60% and keep it there. Do I need to unplug it to discharge, or will Conservation Mode eventually take it down to below 60%? And, since this application is activated online at the Lenovo site, what happens to the control when offline? Also, is there a way to set the maximum charge even lower, like to maybe 40-50%?

Thanks!

Options

433 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

155 Signins

9457 Page Views

• Views: 9457
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Conservation Mode is on but battery is still at 100%

2020-02-06, 21:42 PM

Hi LilOldMe.

That's nice to know that it stayed exactly at 100%.

This mode  in energy manager affects the firmware on the battery, and stops the charging when it reaches 60%.  

In some cases, not charging the battery to 100% constantly may improve the overall lifespan of the battery with the trade off being that you will have less run time on a charge because you are only using 60% of the battery capacity.

This setting is most often suggested for a system that is always Plugged in to the Ac adapter,

When the AC adapter is still connected and the battery reaches its charge limit, you will see a "Plugged-in not charging" message when you hover on the battery icon in the notification area.   Since the firmware is set, this should still work even if the system is off and just plugged in. 

This feature exists on other models and the start / stop thresholds and displayed messages may be slightly different depending on model and version of energy manager.

I ran across this forum post the Community Forums about Conservation Mode.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Conservation-Mode-in-Lenovo-Energy-Manager-plugged-in-not/ta-p/1677271.

Regards.
Dondon_Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

776 Posts

09-27-2019

China

532 Signins

10342 Page Views

• Views: 10342
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Conservation Mode is on but battery is still at 100%

2020-05-06, 2:59 AM

hi

It's designed as it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms