English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-18-2020

ID

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Conservation Mode keeps charging - Ideapad 320 14IKB

2020-10-18, 8:53 AM

Hi,
So I've enabled this Conservation mode feature on my Ideapad 320-14IKB which keeps the battery charge to 60% when plugged in. It is true that the battery percentage usually stops at 60%, however sometimes I noticed that the battery level went higher than 60%, the worst case is 70%. Windows' battery icon also shows (Plugged In) instead of (Plugged In, Not Charging). Does anyone know why this happens or how to fix it? Thank you

Options

469 Posts

05-14-2020

US

203 Signins

2410 Page Views

• Views: 2410
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Conservation Mode keeps charging - Ideapad 320 14IKB

2020-10-24, 13:32 PM

The battery filling percentages are software estimates of the real capability.  I usually don't worry about these until the error becomes about 30%.  One explanation for the discrepancy is battery temperature is a factor, so as temperature changes, the display percentage changes while the state of electrical charge does not change.   The way to calibrate is to set your equipment to allow full 100% charge, charge it to 100%, then run on the battery until complete discharge causes an automatic shut down.  Then immediately repeat again.

After this you can reset maximum charge to your desired setting, 60% or so.   Of course at 60% charge capacity your maximum run-time on the battery will also be 60% of potential run time.

For Lithium ion batteries, the things the damage battery are a)  Using the battery naturally causes gradual loss of capacity. Charging/discharging does not stop this time driven process.  b) High operating temperature. c) overcharging voltage, overcharging rate d) Deep discharge.

Good Luck!

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete