Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-16-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Dead keys on keyboard preventing signing in

2021-06-10, 3:45 AM

I have an IdeaPad S145 (Win10). Bitlocker is installed, and I need to enter my password/key first before the rest of the startup sequence can begin. Unfortunately, several of the keys on my keyboard, including those that are part of the Bitlocker sign-on, have died, so I can't enter that key and therefore can't start up the laptop. 

Question:  Does Windows need to be up and running in order to load the drivers for either a wireless or wired additional keyboard? If it's not necessary, and I can connect with either, then I can enter the key and later my Windows p/w that way. If not, then I need to either pay bigger bucks for a shop to replace the existing keyboard, or even bigger bucks for a new laptop. I'd hate to have to do that just because several keys are dead (they were not spilled-coffee-proof).  

Options

2361 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

150 Signins

13651 Page Views

• Views: 13651
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Dead keys on keyboard preventing signing in

2021-06-10, 7:01 AM

Hello TAdam2000

Greetings.

Using external USB keyboard or PS2 connected keyboard may not work for all models which you can test with yours.

An icon should be there on the right hand top side for ease of access / onscreen keyboard to use.

Similar discussion here that you can also review.

Regards,

Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms