English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

06-29-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Dents and cracks to my Ideapad 710S Plus - Is it repairable?

2020-06-29, 2:28 AM

Hello! I was devasted when my laptop suffered a nasty fall and several dents and cracks to the side of my laptop. A piece has broken off on the side of the laptop, and the headphone jack is also cracked. The piece towards the hinge of my lpatop is also cracked. Images are attached. 

My laptop is an IdeaPad 710S  Plus. It is also touchscreen. Does anyone know if I can send this in the be repaired, or if I can purchase these parts from Lenovo and repair it myself? This laptop is very dear to my heart and I am really upset at the damage. Any help would be very much appreciated.  Thank you very much in advance. 

Options

10784 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6902 Signins

735359 Page Views

• Views: 735359
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Dents and cracks to my Ideapad 710S Plus - Is it repairable?

2020-06-29, 4:27 AM

Hi laurie.y,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can check if you have Accidental Damage Protection Warranty for your machine so that tech support would be able to cover it.

Else, you can check with the nearest Lenovo Service Center like BestBuy or Microcenter in your location for repair.

This is repairable but do avoid moving the lid or forcing it open to prevent damage to the LCD panel and other parts.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete