English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-11-2019

AU

8 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 5

Display flickering (USB C to HDMI)

2019-05-11, 10:55 AM

I am trying to find the best way to connect my ThinkPad 710S Plus to a TV to watch movies. I tried a USB C to HDMI cable but the display on the tv keeps flickering non stop. Do I need an adapter or special kind of cord or is there a way to stop the flickering? I tried dropping the resolution on my computer but that did not work. 

Options

434 Posts

08-02-2018

US

388 Signins

1696 Page Views

• Views: 1696
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Display flickering (USB C to HDMI)

2019-05-12, 5:45 AM

Hey there, LeannePupeza! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum! 

Just to confirm, are you using a Lenovo IdeaPad 710S https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Lenovo_Laptops/ideapad_710S_13?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6? If yes, have you tried connecting the TV directly to the micro HDMI port of the laptop and check if the flickering will occur? If not, please try connecting the TV directly from the micro HDMI port of the laptop and compare the outcome. 

In addition, open the Lenovo vantage app https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and check for a system update, then install them all before testing it again. Let us know the result. 

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

05-11-2019

AU

8 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-05-12, 6:48 AM

Hi and thank you for responding!

My computer is an Ideapad 710S Plus Touch-13IKB and I was connecting it directly to the TV (HDMI) from my computer (USB C). I installed Lenovo vantage but everything is up to date. It's a brand new computer like 1 month old. It still flickers when i try watching a movie. 

Options

434 Posts

08-02-2018

US

388 Signins

1696 Page Views

• Views: 1696
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-05-12, 7:15 AM

Hey there again! 

Please try connecting the TV to the micro HDMI port on the laptop and check the outcome. In addition, try using a different TV or external monitor and connect it to the HDMI port on the laptop and compare the results. 

Regards, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

17 Posts

05-12-2019

US

10 Signins

383 Page Views

• Views: 383
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-05-12, 7:19 AM

For a USB-C device to display through HDMI the device must have a HDMI Chip Set installed, and be HDMI Alt compatible. The Lenovo Thinkpad 720s does not fall into this catagory. Therefore willnot display using USB-C to HDMI connecters. However, that doesent mean that it absolutly can't display its screen on a TV, or other screens.

What are your TV specs? Is it a Smart TV? If it is smart, and happens to be certain brands or has certain features, you can simply cast your screen wirelessly from your android to your TV.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms