Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

06-07-2021

Viet Nam

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 4

Does bad hinge affect a laptop in a negative way?

2021-06-11, 9:55 AM

I have a ideapad gaming 3 with a twisted hinge, (the left upper side is higher than all other part of the hinge). Retailer said its a feature, so now what? Does it effect the laptop's longevity?

Options

4 Posts

06-07-2021

Viet Nam

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Does bad hinge affect a laptop in a negative way?

2021-06-11, 9:57 AM

ok, so they don't only say its a feature, they said "its a entry-level gaming laptop, made out of plastic, so imperfection is a feature of it.

Options

2550 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

274 Signins

12901 Page Views

• Views: 12901
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-06-11, 10:38 AM

Hi EnderDroid,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

A bad hinge can indeed affect it in the long term, and just because it's a entry level machine (lower budget) doesn't mean it should come with defects. 

Depending on the Warranty of the device, I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) or a certified technician center to see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician and have the hinge fixed/replaced.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

977 Posts

01-04-2018

United States of America

526 Signins

6696 Page Views

• Views: 6696
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-06-11, 21:05 PM

You could completely use the computer without a screen at all - if you hook up an external monitor. If you plan to have such an upgrade, then it might not hurt you *too* much to get this laptop if you plan to have it sitting at your desk all the time.

The hinge is an essential part to be working correctly because they tend to fail very often. Once they fail, most people will end up buying a new computer. It's very annoying to deal with a loose screen, and once hinges start failing its only a matter of time before your whole screen is just a floppy thing hanging on by wires.

The decision is yours. If you're getting a good deal on it, it might be worth getting it with that bad hinge and trying to make it last as long as possible (by leaving the screen always open, for example). However, its likely you could find a laptop of similar specs within your budget without having to compromise structural integrity.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)