English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-11-2020

US

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Erased all data and partitions cant install a copy of windows from usb ideapad slim 1-14ast-05

2020-06-11, 19:55 PM

Hello folks. I am at home during the pandemic with a lot of free time on my hands and decided to format my lenovo ideapad slim 1-14ast-05. I ended up also deleting 2 of the partitions used for system recovery and joined all partitions in one (but the BIOS that uses only 35mb) so I could have a little bit more space on my ssd. As you can guess, I now cant make the laptop boot from the usb to install the windows. I ve tried all possible combinations of Secure Boot (Enabled / Disabled), Boot Mode (UEFi / Legacy), Boot Priority (UEFi first / Legacy First) and OS Optimized Defaults (Enable / Disable), but it wont read the bootable usb of windows. I have also tried different OSs, different usb drives. I have even downloaded the original OS and recovery from the Lenovo USB Recovery Creator, but it will not read the USB. It will only go to the blue screen of death, that gives me 4 options, but only one of them work (the UEFI Firmware settings or Bios). 

Any ideas of what I might do to recovery this laptop?

Thanks in advance to all

Options

74 Posts

01-19-2020

CH

81 Signins

1170 Page Views

• Views: 1170
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Erased all data and partitions cant install a copy of windows from usb ideapad slim 1-14ast-05

2020-09-09, 0:59 AM

Hi Hspinola, 

for your information your bios is not store on your HDD or SSD. Is is store on a chips on your motherboard...

You should try to put your bios as default ... after this try to install windows... you can change the boot order without enter in the Bios. You need to press enter button at the startup then f12 .to choose a temporary startup device.

I case of emergency, you could ue the reset hole behind your laptop .. 

Keep us informed 

Good luck

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“! If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"! T40P, T43, T60, T410, T420S, T450S, T480, T14 Gen1 ... Always Thinkpad
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete