Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-22-2021

Argentina

11 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Extremely slow boot after motherboard swap

2021-07-22, 16:06 PM

My Ideapad 3-14IIL05 (i5/8GB/512GB SSD) takes about 45 seconds to load anything (bios after advanced reboot to uefi settings, novo button menu, boot menu from novo button, windows spinner when windows is set as default and grub when linux is default, everything is slow), which is more than it needed before the repair to load a whole OS, and after those 45 seconds it still needs to boot an OS, so now the boot time is painfully slow. If I press de novo button takes ~45secs to open the menu, and another 45 after I select UEFI settings, and another 45 after exiting settings and waiting for any OS to start loading, etc.

This problem started when I received the computer from a repair that consisted of replacing a dead motherboard (which is a lie, they put muy disk on another computer and closed it with the panel from the old computer with the original serial number sticker, and now the lid has some scratches that weren't there before, but the palm rest is better than when I gave them my laptop, but I was told it was just a motherboard and charger replacement). After receiving the computer and slowly booting to windows, Lenovo Vantage asked me to upgrade the BIOS, which I did. The problem existed before the upgrade and still persists.

I tried disabling secure boot but nothing changed.

Any ideas? The last thing I want to try is anything related to opening the computer because I don't want to void the warranty. I live far away from the closest service center, when the motherboard died I didn't have my computer for a month, so let's try to solve this at home.

I can give you more details about the software/hardware/firmware if you need. Thanks in advance.

Options

3120 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

193 Signins

17879 Page Views

• Views: 17879
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Extremely slow boot after motherboard swap

2021-07-22, 21:02 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @tom4321 

Sorry to know about experiencing incident like this after repair. This would need to be reported back to the technical support team so that they would be able to provide you further action plan within the warranty repair it holds.

Inform them the details you have described here in the post as it appears to be needing testing.

Regards.
Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms