Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-03-2021

Egypt

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 4

Fan clicking sound !! Ideapad gaming 3

2021-04-03, 18:27 PM

I just bought a new laptop yesterday , ideapad gaming 3 ryzen 5 4600H gtx 1650ti 

I hear a low sound from fans *like a soft click on a space bar keyboard* 

Not sure if its the fan but the hdd health is 100%

It happens when the laptop fan slow down or something just like every hour or so

The laptop is on performance mode and

Battery on conservation mode and on charger

I am happy with the lap but this sound worry me much i just bought it yesterday and have 23 months warnety

Should i return it for another 1 ??

Options

1818 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

111 Signins

10490 Page Views

• Views: 10490
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Fan clicking sound !! Ideapad gaming 3

2021-04-05, 0:16 AM

Hello MFEG,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This kind if issue may not be an issue yet, functionally, since you have just purchased the unit.

It would be good to try observing for the issue if this would show a remarkable pattern for a few days. I would suggest that you may try to check if the clicking sound would occur if the machine is in idle mode and not being used. You may also try observing if the issue would occur running on battery mode.

Regards.

Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

04-03-2021

Egypt

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-08, 5:39 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately i dont have the laptop right now 

Its at insurance and mantainance to check warnety

the left arrow broken on itself on the first press on it the second day of purchasing , i was just watching my lecture

i dont know how on earth could this happen , this is really upseting and the technian will say that its a misuse althought its just the first press on that button and i am sure i didnt do anything wrong it's just the factory fault i guess, sincerly no word can discribe my feeling and the whole experience 

By the way one of technains told me that the clicking sound is the famous seagate HDD sound 

Thanks for replay

Options

1818 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

111 Signins

10490 Page Views

• Views: 10490
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-09, 20:43 PM

Hi MFEG,

I'm sorry to know about the whole experience. It's a better move that you have taken this to the authorized personnel for evaluation and internal check as early as now.

If you might need help some time in the future, you are free to initiate a new post in the Community.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms