English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-11-2020

KR

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Fingerprint Error (Synaptics WBDI error code 10)

2020-09-11, 12:25 PM

Hello. I am using Lenovo Ideapad 720S 14IKB - 81BD. I was using a fingerprint to lock my laptop. Since a few days ago, it suddenly says "Windows Hello Isn't Available on This Device." I accessed the Device Manager and checked if I had to update the Synaptics WBDI. But the software was the latest version. So I visited the Lenovo website to download the download manager for fingerprint. Still, it did not work to solve the error code 10. I updated my windows to the latest version. What should I do?

Options

568 Posts

05-14-2020

US

233 Signins

2840 Page Views

• Views: 2840
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Fingerprint Error (Synaptics WBDI error code 10)

2020-09-16, 14:23 PM

Hello,

First, if your device has active Warranty support, contact the Warranty support groups.  Use your mouse to click on the word "SUPPORT" at the top of this page.  Then select PC support, enter your serial number, I recommend the autodetect method, then a screen with all the information for your machine will display.  Perhaps bookmark this page, it is handy.

Find the Warranty button and your current warranty status will display.

On this same page will be driver analysis and installation software buttons.  Run that to be sure you have the latest LENOVO supplied drivers.

Have you run the automated hardware analysis software?  (Search in the installed software under the letter "L"  The hardware scan software names vary a little, but the first word of the title will be "Lenovo"   Lenovo VANTAGE is the most recent version, if it is not installed, you can find it on Microsoft Store.

Sincerely,

Usedtoberich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete