Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

01-02-2014

Canada

19 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 1 of 2

Flex 14 Loud Fan

2014-01-02, 17:52 PM

Bought a Flex 14 from Lenovo a month ago and the fan becomes quite loud once in a while. It's even whirring right now as I type this. I don't know why it is so loud since I'm not really doing anything that requires a lot of power. I've tried going on the Microsoft website to find a solution, but none of them worked.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Options

11 Posts

01-02-2014

Canada

19 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Flex 14 Loud Fan

2014-03-05, 8:05 AM

After contacting Lenovo's customer support, she told me to try using power saving mode. It does decrease the amount of time the fan is on, but not by much. I would be watching a youtube video, and the fan would start to make the whirring sound and the left side of the laptop would become extremely hot. This also happens when I put my laptop to sleep for a while and try using it again, regardless of the power settings. I really want to know if this is just my laptops problem or if this is happening to everyone. Please help.

Specs:

Ideapad Flex 14

Intel Core i7-4500U (1.8GHz)

8 GB RAM

256 SSD

Intel Wireless-N 7260

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms