English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

08-14-2019

US

5 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 1 of 6

Flex 14 - Where do I download the 'Dolby Audio' Driver / Software?

2019-08-14, 22:31 PM

I need to re-install my Windows 10 64 bit operating system, but I can't find / don't see anything for the 'Dolby Audio' software or drivers...where can i find this thing?

I've found driver for RealTek (or however they spell it), but that is just a 'generic' maker that tons of systems have, can't find anything Dolby specific for the Flex (and it is available for other models).

Options

1 Posts

08-15-2019

US

1 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Flex 14 - Where do I download the 'Dolby Audio' Driver / Software?

2019-08-15, 3:56 AM

Go to sound contol panel. The dolby setting is there. It appears there is no separate item in control panel anymore. Very stripped down. Having same fit as you and came here exactly for same reason. See screenshot attachment below.

Options

4 Posts

08-14-2019

US

5 Signins

39 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-08-19, 6:59 AM

So you are saying Dolby comes with the 'RealTek' audio drivers (as opposed to its own separate installer)?

Options

2019-08-19, 15:03 PM

As far as I know, it comes automatically factory-installed on devices with the capabilities. I would download the original Realtek Audio drivers for your device, maybe that bring up the Dolby Audio UI.

Options

4 Posts

08-14-2019

US

5 Signins

39 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2019-09-04, 23:18 PM

Just as a final update for those interesed, I did get the Dolby program, it just happens in a very goofy way. So, it looks like you install the drivers, restart, then at some point (pending an -active internet connection-), the dolby 'smart' program just installs itself with no notice (I noticed it on the win10 'new' section while looking for something else...sometime later 'audio' is also installed on its own without telling you...(this seems to take about half an hour in my case (and I re-installed the OS a few times just to check for consistency). So, apparently they just show up when the want to, awful system.

Options

2019-09-05, 10:23 AM

That isn't that unusual. The manufacturers "welcome" applications are also exactly that way. After a few hours I noticed the Lenovo Welcome application. They just show up, just like Candy Crush or whatever preinstalled garbage. They just install automatically from time to time. And as far as I know, you cannot disable it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms