Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

05-24-2013

USA

10 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 3

Flex 15 HD to SSD system disk

2014-04-18, 14:27 PM

I have a Flex 15 with a 500 GB hybrid drive and Windows 8. I've purchased an M.2 SSD which I want to use as the system/boot drive, which is installed and rewcognized by the BIOS. After many tries, I'm unable to move/install Windows 8 on the new SSD, and I'm wondering if there's any known working method to do so. I've tried:

-Creating a recovery USB in Windows/Control Panel, using methods described in this forum. When attempting to install from the USB to the SSD using the Novo button, also as described in these forums, I get the message "there was a problem resetting your pc"

-I tried cloning the hybrid drive to the SSD using Clonezilla, didn't work either. There appear to be some dozen partitions on the hybrid drive (real and/or virtual?), and I don't really know which one is the one to clone.

-I tried installing using a USB created from another Win8 DVD, and it won't let me install because my DVD is apparently different than the Lenovo OEM system DVD, and/or there's a key problem as the Lenovo OEM key is apparently  embedded in the BIOS.

-I have the Lenovo OEM DVD set which came with the system, but there's four DVD's and I don't know how to create a USB install disk from one/which/more than one of the DVD's.

Instructions and or links appreciated - there must be a way to do this - it's got to be a requirement to be able to replace the system disk on a new laptop without buying a new retail copy of Windows .....

Gus

Answer
Options

7 Posts

05-24-2013

USA

10 Signins

42 Page Views

Re: Flex 15 HD to SSD system disk

2014-04-19, 21:59 PM

OK, I tried Paragon Migrate OS to SSD v4.0, which supports Win8/8.1. It's easy, it works, my migration to the new SSD was successful!  Many thanks for the recommendation!

Gus

Replies(2)
Options

23 Posts

04-12-2014

Chiang Mai

2492 Signins

15861 Page Views

• Views: 15861
  • Message 2 of 3

2014-04-18, 14:39 PM

I remember reading in this forum that someone was successful using Paragon Migrate OS to SSD v4.0.  I haven't tried it myself.

Answer
Options

7 Posts

05-24-2013

USA

10 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

2014-04-19, 21:59 PM

OK, I tried Paragon Migrate OS to SSD v4.0, which supports Win8/8.1. It's easy, it works, my migration to the new SSD was successful!  Many thanks for the recommendation!

Gus

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms