English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-22-2014

Birmingham

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 1

Flex 15D Help reinstalling - Boot from USB

2014-08-08, 9:35 AM

I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a Flex 15D (no optical drive) shipped with Windows 8.1

At present it is completely unresponsive, taking anything up to 5 minutes to recognise that I have clicked anything, open the task manager, etc.  The task manager doesn't show anything heavy running, AV has scanned the PC and there are no infections. so I decided to go back to scratch and restart.

OneKey simply tell me that the recovery partition has become corrupted and can't be used.

I then bought a copy of Windows 8.1 from Microsoft, followed their instructions to create a bootable USB key and get windows 8.1 set up from the DVD onto it, but the Lenovo won't boot from USB.  I have been in the BIOS, boot from USB is set, but the boot options give me the OS booter only.

Third attempt i went out and bought a USB DVD drive, connected that and tried to install a brand new Windows 8.1, but again the Lenovo won't acknowledge that there is a DVD drive attached (although it sees and uses it perfectly when it does finally boot into windows).

Can anyone give me any help as to how I could reinstall the laptop?

Thanks

Moderator Note; subject edited

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete