English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

06-17-2015

Malaysia

6 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 1 of 3

Flex 2-15 Freeze with blank DVD

2015-06-17, 15:03 PM

I bought Flex 2-15 i7-4510U running on Windows 8.1 with 1TB HDD 8GB hybrid recently

Within 1 week I found out once I put blank DVD, the windows explorer will freeze (not responding). Won't be able to eject DVD as well.

I've tried using other DVD burning tools.. it will cause those program to not responding. The only way to take out the DVD is to force shutdown and eject once power on again.

Out of 5 times, may get to burn 1 DVD after wasting 4 DVDs (I'm not sure whether I still can use those DVDs in other computers). To be able to burn that 1 DVD, may take up to an hour. There is no problem reading DVD with data.

Sent to Lenovo service center within 2 weeks. After 1 week, they claimed they have replaced the DVD drive. When I test, problem persists. They formatted / performed one key recovery multiple times and problem still persists. No choice, have to leave the notebook for them to continue to diagnose. Could be driver, Windows 8.1 etc issue...

Questions to #Lenovo

1. Is it a known issue Flex 2-15 comes out from factory have problem with blank DVD? If yes, why do you put on sale? Are you expecting user not to use the DVD drive? At least you put a note telling customer this.

2. Why do I need to buy a notebook for Lenovo to diagnose? Am I buying a notebook for Lenovo to do trial and error? Remember, this is a brand new notebook.

3. In the era of blu-ray disc, Lenovo notebook still have problem with DVD drive?

As a customer, this is not a pleasant experience. I buy a notebook because I want to use it. Now it's coming to 1 month and it's like I still do not have one to use. I hope it will not sit in service center throughout the 2 years warranty period and they just tell me "Sorry, we can't fix this but please take back your notebook because warranty period is over".

Sometimes, I just wish I didn't make the purchase. If the issue is fixed after 2 months of my purchase, this is already a loss for me. I think Lenono failed to understand that the later I buy a notebook, the better spec/deal I would get.

Options

1 Posts

08-18-2015

UK

2 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Flex 2-15 Freeze with blank DVD

2015-08-18, 22:06 PM

I have exactly the same flex 2 and exactly the same problem!

Knew it was a mistake buying this, hope to return and get full refund ...

Options

8 Posts

06-17-2015

Malaysia

6 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Flex 2-15 Freeze with blank DVD

2015-08-19, 10:05 AM

I feel sorry for us.

I'm not sure if I can return or get refund even I sent the machine back within 2 weeks of purchased. Anyway, current status is my machine is still in service center and yes, has been sitting there for more than 2 months!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete