Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-12-2015

Newcastle Upon Tyne

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 1

Flex 2 15 RAM Upgrade

2015-01-12, 12:54 PM

Hi, Any help appreciated please?

I have a new laptop Flex 2: 15 core i7 with 8gig of RAM. 

I want to upgrade the RAM further.  I know here are 2 slots in the laptop for the RAM (currently at 2 x 4gig) so i will remove one of these and insert a 8gig memory upgrade making the total laptop RAM to 12gig.

My question is this - i need to buy the correct RAM type to make sure it is compatible and performs as expected etc.  I know the existing is 4gig DDR3L 1600Mhz ....  is there a specific type or memory i should be looking to purchase to ensure it is in line with the existing and also compatible?  e.g. should i just buy another 8gig card but as long as its DDR3L and 1600mhz then all would be ok??  Or is there other considerations i need to review first?  I dont want to go and buy a ram upgrade from a shop to find that it isnt compatible etc. 

Im ot that technical so unsure what else i need to consider when buying the RAM.

Thank you in advance for your support,

Stephen

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms