Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-03-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 3

Flex 3 1130 Complete Laptop Failure Help

2018-02-03, 20:40 PM

I should have expected trouble when my sound card failed while it WAS still under warranty, but per my IT guy, a simple fix of purchasing an external bluetooth speaker solved the problem.  However, one by one my entire system has been failing and I'm hoping there are some fixes to enable me to limp along until I can replace this lemon. 

First my trackpad failed, so I added a wireless mouse. Then my 'physical' keyboard began acting up so I either switched into tablet mode or added an external USB wired keyboard. Then the following alerts started showing up every few seconds: "Do I want to switch to tablet mode" or "PC mode" depending on which mode I'm operating.  Now I'm experiencing battery issues.  Within the span of minutes I could get a battery @100% charging or not charging verification and then a warning message stating my battery is almost dead and please plug it in (it is ALWAYS plugged in at this point).  And now it will spontaneously shut down, I'm guessing because it will think the battery is dead -- but seconds before the battery indicator stated 100%.  When I restart, the battery will be back to 100%

I am at a loss, and yes I understand it is out of warranty (Purchased 8/13/16 as New from Amazon).  But as previously stated would love to just keep it going for a little while longer until I can afford a real laptop.  This was supposed to be an interim laptop until I replaced my 15 year old MacBook Pro, but I expected a little bit better than 1 1/2 years out of it.  I use it primarily for Skype which is now rendered almost useless with the battery issue shutting it down spontaneously.  ANY help would be appreciated!  Thank you!!! 

Options

3 Posts

02-03-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Flex 3 1130 Complete Laptop Failure Help

2018-03-04, 14:56 PM

Ok, there is obviously no saving this laptop - and apparently no answers to this inquiry.  Is there ANY reset or suggestions to get it to at least turn on so I can recover the few document I have on it????

The power button lights up but the screen stays blank.  If I hold down the power button, the CapsLock light will flash and it turns off. I try again and nothing.  This was one way I would get it to come on previously when it wouldn't boot up - but it's not working now.

Anything?????  Thank you!

Options

1 Posts

11-11-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Flex 3 1130 Complete Laptop Failure Help

2019-11-11, 23:58 PM

I've had all of the exact issues as you starting with my keyboard and mouse, then the constant "would you like to switch to tablet mode" and the inconsistent battery numbers and the other problems followed. However there are times when the laptop will seemingly boot up and load properly and run anywhere from 5 to maybe 15 minutes then I'll get hit with dreaded blue screen of death. I included a screenshot as well. Have you experienced this too?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)