Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

08-19-2019

United States of America

10 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 1 of 5

Flex 4 owners: Would you please tell me your [factory] partition layout?

2019-08-20, 10:32 AM

Hi! I have a Flex4 1580 with a factory Lite-on 512GB drive that died. I'm trying to restore from a [WSE] backup, but I cant becasue it needs an exact matching disk layout to be created FIRST (Thanks, Microsoft!).

If you have a factory formatted Flex 4, could you open a command window and do the following:

diskpart
select disk 0
list partition

this will show a list of partiton sizes and offsets. Could you send me or post the data (including offsets)? I have been trying for days to guess the correct sizes. it only fails at the end of a 4-6 hour restore!

Thanks!

Options

Betreff: Flex 4 owners: Would you please tell me your [factory] partition layout?

2019-08-20, 13:27 PM

Posting two threads with the same description will not get you replies any faster. By the way, you are to blame yourself as you didn't check it prior yourself and didn't use tools like Acronis True Image or the like. There are lots of tools, why would you use a Microsoft tool?

Most Lenovo devices that are from that age have the same partition layout, so you will just need the reply of another person with a similar device. When my Yoga 530 comes back from the service center, I can give you my values. You just listed the two EFI and MSR partitions so far in your othet thread. As far as I know, there is also a letter-less partition called RECOVERY with either 1000 or 2000MB of size which just contains the drivers for restore purposes, IIRC. But that partition also has to exist.

Options

Betreff: Flex 4 owners: Would you please tell me your [factory] partition layout?

2019-08-22, 11:32 AM

Hi there. Now that I have my Yoga 530 back (of course without the WiFi and standby issues fixed, and for that I waited one month...), I made a screenshot of my partition layout, like I promised.

System

Reserved

Primary

Recovery

That's what the type says.

Options

5 Posts

08-19-2019

United States of America

10 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-08-23, 13:18 PM

Thanks for the information!

I was able to get it to work by doing a clean, full  windows 10 install from USB media, then doing the WSE restore, which FAILED no matter what (log showed an error formatting the EFI partition). I then used instructions I found online to assign a drive letter to and format the EFI partition, then BCDBOOT C:\windows /s N: /f UEFI. This worked. I still got access denied when I tried bootrec /fixboot, but it worked anyway, and my computer is now up and running.

Options

2019-08-23, 13:20 PM

So you just did a clean install of Windows? Okay. Did Windows Update download all the Lenovo drivers on its own or did you have to manually reinstall them from their webpage or through Lenovo Vantage?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms