Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

11-17-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 1 of 7

Flex 5 - Laptop not charging

2018-11-18, 15:12 PM

I have a Lenovo flex 5. It’ll be a year old in March. I used the laptop last night and wanted to use it now and it’s showing low battery. So I decide to plug it in to charge. However the charging isn’t constant. Within a span of 2-3 seconds, the laptop goes from “charging” to “not charging” back and forth no matter what I do. Sometimes it’ll stop flickering and actually charge but then it always goes back to the flickering and also stop charging overall. I need help. It’s not the charger because I tried my extra one already, Not is it the outlets because I’ve used multiple ones. The same back and forth flickering issue keeps occurring . It’s a non removable battery as well. Please help. I’m on a study abroad trip outside the US and need my laptop to do work. Please please please

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Options

5641 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

926 Signins

28694 Page Views

• Views: 28694
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Flex 5 - Laptop not charging

2018-11-18, 22:07 PM

Hi Mbolle! Welcome to our forums community. Just to clarify, is the whole screen flickering? If yes, does it happen only when it's plugged in? Let's try power cycle. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds with the laptop unplugged from the wall outlet. Check if the issue persist.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

7 Posts

07-02-2018

China

21 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 3 of 7

2018-11-23, 3:03 AM
Hi,if your batttery can use/discharge and charge normally. Maybe it's not a battery issue, I think it's the system issue, you can press the power button more than 10S, and then restart your computer to check if the symptom again.
if it's still not good, I suggest can sent you computer to the service center.
Options

4 Posts

11-17-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

102 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2018-11-23, 14:52 PM

It’s not the whole screen that’s flickering. It’s the battery sign. So it flickers back and forth from “charging” to “not charging”. So it takes way longer to charge than normal and sometimes it doesn’t even charge. And yes I did the 10s thing but the issue still persists.

Options

4 Posts

11-17-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

102 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2018-11-23, 14:54 PM

It doesn’t charge normally. It goes from “charging” to “not charging”, back and forth. Sometimes it’ll stop flickering and charge it it’ll just stop charging. It takes longer than normal to charge completely. The 10s thing didn’t help or change anything.

Options

156 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

136 Signins

585 Page Views

• Views: 585
  • Message 6 of 7

2018-11-23, 17:12 PM

Hi! Is there a damage in the charging port? It is possible that it's loosing connection between the DC-IN cable and motherboard. Reinstall the battery ACPI driver from the device manager and update the BIOS from our website support.lenovo.com. Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

06-07-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 7 of 7

Ideapad 3 - Laptop not charging

2020-06-07, 12:05 PM

Hi i had bought a Lenovo ideapad last week from a dealer .For two days it was functioning properly after that the next morning it was showing plugging in not charging.After watching several tutorials I managed to fix the problem but after a shut down and restarting the system the problem occours again .I requesy you to kindly give me a solution to this problem .

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms