English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-15-2020

TR

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 4

Flex 5 Pen Pressure Sensitivity Problem

2020-09-15, 8:54 AM

I bought Lenovo Flex 5 in order to use it to draw and take notes but pressure sensitivity isn't working, without pressure sensitivity I can't work on drawings.

I tried different drawing softwares, I use Krita and it doesn't work. Only one working so far is Autodesk Sketchbook. I installed Active Pen, I saw on internet that some softwares require wintab driver but seems like my device doesn't support wintab drivers? 

What is exactly the issue? Why Autodesk Sketchbook works and Krita doesn't? I appreciate the help. 

(I think I posted this on a completely unrelated topic, but I don't know how to use this platform and I don't know how to delete the post) 

Solved! See the solution
Screenshot_20200915_115243.jpg
Options

1016 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

122 Signins

5656 Page Views

• Views: 5656
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Flex 5 Pen Pressure Sensitivity Problem

2020-09-15, 10:27 AM

Hi Hesna,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I do not see why the Wintab driver is not compatible with your device as Wintab is fairly generic software interface for Windows computers that have pen tablets connected. It is mostly used by graphics applications.

The Flex 5 falling under all those categories. It might be that Autodesk does not require Wintab but Krita does. so I'd suggest you try to download and install the Wintab driver

You might also need the Lenovo Pen Settings for the device, which you can get for free through the Microsoft Store :  Lenovo Pen Settings 

Also have a look at the Pen Config Instructions 

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

09-15-2020

TR

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-09-16, 7:45 AM

Thank you! Even though this link didn't work, I installed a different wintab driver and I managed to make Krita work. I will link the driver I installed here in case somebody else have the same problem. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=49498

Options

1016 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

122 Signins

5656 Page Views

• Views: 5656
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-09-16, 7:59 AM

@ hesna wrote:

Thank you! Even though this link didn't work, I installed a different wintab driver and I managed to make Krita work. I will link the driver I installed here in case somebody else have the same problem. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=49498

Hi, I am glad that you were able to fix the problem. Please do mark the thread as solution provided so others can easily find it. And a kudos goes a long way :)

Best Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete